Questions for those that believe in Electricity

by OnTheWayOut 52 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Hey, I started this thread on a lark. Great that it lumbers on.

Some of the explanations for electricity make it more difficult to understand.

I will back off and say this now: I know that something powers my laptop computer and my smartphone. I don't have to understand it to believe the power exists. Whether I get that electrons don't flow like water or that it's a fair analogy to describe the results to a layperson, it doesn't matter.

Some have to be told this in order to apply it to other things.

Even as I write this, knowing that leaving off the obvious conclusion will cause people to go both ways: YES, WHAT I BELIEVE IN IS OBVIOUS AND HAS PLENTY OF EVIDENCE. EVOLUTION IS TRUE, EVOLUTION IS FALSE. THE GOD OF CHRISTIANITY EXISTS, THE GOD OF CHRISTIANITY DOESN'T EXIST. ETC. ETC.

• bohm
    bohm

That the proponents of Maxwellism are so confused by the basic definitions in this so-called theory of electricity just goes to show it is obviously a theory in deep crisis.

Here is a an easy way to disprove Maxwellism: Take a sheet of metal such as tinfoil and shine a flashlight onto it. Does any of the light flow through the metal? No! This simple experiment reveal a fatal flaw of Maxwellism: According to Maxwellism electricity should be able to flow through solid metal, yet light is also electricity. So how come the puny tinfoil sheet can suddenly stop the electricity?

• bohm
    bohm

It is a well-known fact Einstein too rejected Maxwellism. Here is his own words from the opening paragraph of his paper on special relativity:

It is known that Maxwell's electrodynamics—as usually understood at the present time—when applied to moving bodies, leads to asymmetries which do not appear to be inherent in the phenomena

--A. Einstein. (http://www.fourmilab.ch/etexts/einstein/specrel/www/)

There you go. Einstein too realized Maxwellisms inherently contradictory nature and flat out rejected it. Obviously all the Maxwellisms on this site believe they are smarter than Einstein, lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit