I like watching fighting, does that make me a bad guy?

by Theocratic Sedition 16 Replies latest jw friends

• elderelite
    elderelite

Miz... Bear in mind the man who penned those words at psalms was a stone cold killer. He claims to have killed hundreds of natives of the land of cannan and cut off their foreskins as a bride price to his father in law. He fought countless wars and was eventually credited with killing thousands. He even claimed to have killed a nine and half foot tall man when he was just a boy.

But you taking HIS advise on loving violence?

Your fine man. Boxing is a sweet science and a test of wills. That appeals to the cave man in us. Mma is man against man, will against will in primal way... Relax. Your normal. The desert god is far more violent than you could ever be .

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Really interesting question....

I love nature programs, it is impossible to not appreciate the life of most animals without watching and being fascinated by their predatory strategy and fight for survival. We are animals, we are programed for survival. We certainly hold on to some evolutionary traits such as social behaviour arond alpha males etc. Some also appreciate and respect the physical prowess and physical bility (including fighting) of others.

Evolution alters to fit envroment. We are in interesting times, our enviroment is changing so much faster than our evolution. Although by enlarge humans don't need to be so violent in 2012. We are still interested and intregued by it because of our nature. It isn't a coincidense that its men attending MMA, Boxing, Wrestling, Sumo etc events.

For those believing in God. Violence is built in to every animal. A lion tearing a zebra to shreds on the discovery channel is far worse than two consenting adults fighting for money (food on the table and a house) or prowess (alpha male).

I actually don't enjoy to watch any of this stuff, I may watch a paticularly big fight but even then my interest levels are low. But I get why people do like it. As a trainee medic, I don't think it is a very smart way to go through life but then I love riding motorbikes so who am I to talk....

Snare x

• scotoma
    scotoma

No it doesn't make you wicked. It just means you are a very ordinary, average, run of the mill human male.

As long as you don't get any serious leadership position little harm is done. Eventually nature will rob you of your testosterone and you will cry when you watch old Tom Hanks-Meg Ryan movies.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

You're only a 'bad' guy if you don't like watching women fight. You would have to return your man card, then.

• sir82
    sir82

Here's the thing about Psalms 11:5 - take a look at the verse right before it, 11:4.

The upshot is "Jehovah is a vicious sadistic killer who will rip out your eyeballs and pour boiling oil in the sockets - so don't love violence, because he'll kill you if you do".

A bit of a mixed message to say the least.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Only if your not drinking Beer and eating KFC..

Don`t forget to cheer when your guy wins!

....................... ...OUTLAW

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

"

"Eventually nature will rob you of your testosterone and you will cry when you watch old Tom Hanks-Meg Ryan movies."

LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit