untitled

by Rabbit 16 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

"Saturday, September 22, 2012 12:36 PM PDT Toddler dies after battle with kidney disease

TVNZ Sat, 22 Sep 2012 11:42 AM PDT

A Jehovah'sWitness toddler, whose organ transplant became the centre of a court case, has died."

Sadly...I'll bet they have "clean consciences", too.

My ex-wife and I refused blood on one of our newborns, since she lived, it was a 'divine miracle' we were 'Kingdom Hall Heroes'... See...years later I know it wasn't actually our 'Faith' that saved her. It was really very smart doctors.

Sadly...my ex is still proud of our almost fatal decision and I am racked with guilt just thinking -- "I would have just let her die, over this insane cult."

Later...my JW mom would die over this same stupid, insane teaching...

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

I forgot to title this story...

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Don't beat yourself up man. We all were fooled.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

It's such a heavy toll on my family, I was surprised that 375 people looked at it -- then walked away ! No comments...save yours. ~Thanks

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

Rabbit, my condolences for the passing of your mom. I honestly don't know what I would do if I faced that situation in which my mother decided against a blood transfusion... I would want to keep her, but I also feel a duty to respect her choice, no matter how wrong I think it is. If I overstepped it, I know I would loose her anyways.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

It's a very sad story, Rabbit. Sometimes the ones that are so devastating are the hardest ones to comment on. I wouldn't take it as indifference.There's just a lot of mixed feelings.

I don't have children, I can't even begin to imagine the torturous time an ex-JW parent goes through when they come to the realization they could have lost their precious child over a doctrine of men.

Rabbit, you were unduly influenced in a cult. The decisions that you made in the past were not made with your full thinking capacity. please forgive youself.

I'm glad that your child survived. I am deeply sorry that your mother did not.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Rabbit,

Please forgive yourself.

Your daughter lived - yes, thanks to very skilled doctors - so celebrate that and please don't dwell on the past. We can't change anything that has already happened. Live for the life you have now and be thankful that you are no longer enslaved to a book publishing cult.

Live for today!

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

"Please forgive yourself.

Your daughter lived - yes, thanks to very skilled doctors - so celebrate that"

Yeah, well, I am working on it. Thanks for the kind words .

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

I remember what happened to your mom. I didn't know this about your daughter.

((( BIG HUG ))) to you.

Palm

• smiddy
    smiddy

Rabbit

Please don`t beat yourself with guilt feelings over what has happened in the past.

Human experience is filled with regrets over what we should have done or what we wish we hadn`t done , your not alone with these feelings , dont let them get you down.

When I think of my mindset in the 60`s / 80`s I`m sad to say I probably would have let my wife,my children ,die because I was convinced this was the truth .Imagine how I would feel now if this had happened........let it go .

Your daughter survived , that`s a plus

I`m sad to say your mom made a choice and suffered the consequence of a wrong decision influenced by a cult .

Take care

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit