Here are the pics of the 2012 Gilead Graduation, etc........

by Iamallcool 26 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
  • cedars
    cedars

lol slimboyfat - the likeness is uncanny!

We've spoken about new GB member Mark Sanderson being young, but he looks almost as young as me in this pic!

Cedars

• Etude
    Etude

GMAFB! "Do not become excessively wise"? How wise should one be? Just, sufficiently wise? And what WTF would that be? Is there an implication that we should not question or argue some issues? Yeah, that I can believe if one starts to reason properly after being trained so well to become a missionary.

One can never be too wise. If one is wise to begin with, one would learn to listen and shut the hell up when necessary, which is problably what Herold Corkren actually meant: Don't show off how smart you are. A wise man doesn't display his wisdom around as a banner, which is something many Witlesses like to do. Knowledge? Now, that's a different thing. One can be knowledgeable and be cluless about what the implications of facts are. But a wise person will always be humbled by how much s/he doesn't know.

• ballistic
    ballistic

We were bought up with that quote from the Youth Book, "a ten year old knows more than a five year old"... in some ways, very true. When I was a pioneer at 16 I though I knew everything and my life was filled with "truth", and the world was going to end soon. Now in my fourties, I look back with a wry smile at what I once was.

• PrincessCynic
    PrincessCynic

Is this the famous Andre?

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

As long as a MALE dubbie goes out into the foreign field with body and a HOLE he can stick IT into, jehoobie will bless him.

If he batters the possessor of said hole, SHE needs to ask herself "who really is trying to be the christian here?"

Single people are now perverts in witchtower land, so nobody wants them.

HB

• Pistoff
    Pistoff
    "Do not become excessively wise"

What they mean is don't get any smarter than they are, they can't handle it.

• cult classic
    cult classic

The way witnesses tell experiences is really strange. There is always so much name dropping. Even though the names being dropped are nobodies. And every witnessing experience and encounter with someone is told in a way that each detail is pertinent and gives proof of divine intervention by the angels.

Very very weird.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

I see Loesch is still using negative sports metaphors...

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

SLIMBOYFAT - thanks for posting the Grandpa Al pic. Uncanny resemblance, isn't it?

IAMALLCOOL - those "demonstration" pics are hilarious. For some reason, the first thing that popped into my mind is it looked like "The Price Is Right: Cult Edition" Thanks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit