Studying just for marriage ?

by Pitchess Co-Gen 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• Pitchess Co-Gen
    Pitchess Co-Gen

Did you notice that some JW's men and women tried to bring in new people just to marry them ? I saw this with my brother about the year 2001. He met this girl off some chat line. He liked her, but it was one big problem; she wasn't a JW. My brother had my mother study with her before she quit due to other factors, but it wasn't the regligon it was the fact that my older brother is kind of a lier.

• WuzLovesDubs
    WuzLovesDubs

Happens a lot actually. And the innocent non JW who is in love thinks whats the difference its just another church right? Except it isnt. I watched a manipulative JW woman who was a housekeeper at the home of two young people whose parents were killed, make the guy there fall in love with her so she could get her hands on their house. But she said if you want me you have to be a JW. He studied twice a week with my husband and went out in service like two months into the study. He was hurried through the whole process because he thought this bitch actually loved him. I have pictures of his baptism, he was so happy and excited. They ran off and got married and she came into the hall only days later, flashing a wedding ring. And someone who had known her for years said to him..You married T? She isnt even free to remarry! He had no idea what that even meant.

They were both disfellowshipped immediately. He got the marriage anulled. No one ever saw him again. She changed congregations and Im sure shes pulling the same thing on somebody else.

• hoser
    hoser

it rarely works out

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Hey WuzLoves - Sounds like a similar situation I'm aware of I believe in North Carolina, someone I know father was being pursued in the Cong by this Sister, he even called him and said the Sis was getting on his nerves, next thing he heard was they were getting married !

When his father died, before they could get to NC to attend the funeral, she had the body cremated and didnt attend his funeral at the KH !

She's probably moved on to another widower and collected yet some more money and property of her "late husbands" !

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

What people do to have sex is just amazing. If we can get control of the hangups, religion will not have such control over our lives.

• irondork
    irondork

That's how my father came in. He met my mother at a skating rink in Escondido, CA back in the mid 60's. When he asked grandpa if he could marry her, grandpa said he would have to become a witness. So, after 6 months of studying, dad got his wish.

Every time I heard that story it ended with something like, "Isn't it wonderfull how Jehovah draws people to him?"

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

My cousin did that very thing

meet a guy, fell in luv, but he had to become a jw

he did just so they could marry

got married

had kids

both exited the jdubs

seperated (he went off with another woman)

LOL

actually he was a really nice guy

• just Ron
    just Ron

My uncle did that. He met a witness girl, she must have been 15 at the time. He wanted to date her, but she wouldn't go out with him unless he became a witness. So he studied, got baptized, they got married, and he went to prison over the neutrality issue. She was 16 when they married, he was 21 (I think). They've been married 52 years now, but I wonder how happy they actually are.

Finally Awake (of the too lazy to change log-ins class)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Never works. Brother Hounder is the biggest obstacle. You get someone that starts a study in order to render the person "marriageable". The study gets taken away from that person soon in, and before long the new study ends up in a different book study group, different field circus group, or different congregation by design. As soon as the new study is baptized, the suitor is told "Wait until they are established before marrying". How long? No amount of time will ever be "enough". Eventually, someone else will take the person out from under your feet, and Brother Hounder will claim "It is on their shoulders and they will have to answer to Jehovah for marrying someone so new in this". By design, it fails.

And besides, why would anyone in their right mind want to make an absolutely irreversible dedication to someone that is interested only in exploiting, enslaving, and stagnating your soul simply for a mate? Usually, the marriage fails, the new study gets pxxxed at the whole thing because of having studied for someone that usually turns out to be a complete idiot and/or a tyrant, and then cannot totally extricate their souls from Jehovah. Better if the already-in person simply marries "in the world" without committing the mate to this kind of final damnation. At least that way, only one soul is damned instead of both.

• Scully
    Scully

Yep. One of my in-laws was secretly dating a Worldly™ girl and they were engaged and planned to get married. Their plans went awry when they were told they couldn't use the Kingdom Hall™ for the wedding because of her status. She started Studying™ and got Baptized™ after a few months (not the usual 6 months). The wedding was a few weeks after she got Baptized™.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit