IF cornered, what 2 or 3 examples of error in JW teaching would you point out?

by undercover 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Tater-T
    Tater-T

bookmarking

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

1) Shunning. there are NO scriptures in the bible that say you must shun anyone the elders announce is 'no longer a Jehovah's Witness' and shun them without knowing why you are shunning them, and continue shunning them untill the elders say you can speak to that person again. Zero scriptures! There are NO scripture that say a repentant person must sit in the back of the hall being completely ignored like they don't exist for at least 6 moths to prove they are repentant. Zero scriptures!! can bring out all their favorite scriptures that they THINK support it but not one of them say ANYTHING about the actual Jehovah's Witness REQUIRED procedures.

2) the fact that they think emotional abuse is loving

3)the scriptures they changed the Bible to make the NWT agree with their teachings, rather than making their teachings agree with the Bible ( ie: 'Truly I tell you today, You will be with me in paradise.'" As opposed to this most translations have something like the following for Jesus' words: "Truly I say to you, Today you will be with me in Paradise.")

• Fernando
    Fernando

Thank you Fed-up, and a belated welcome to JWN!

*** g79 6/8 p. 28 Why the Emphasis on Christian Freedom? ***
    "legalism... constitutes a denial of Christian faith"

• Fernando
    Fernando

Does the literature up to Pastor Russell's death in 1916, support the claim that he knew Jesus started ruling in 1914?

(Paraphrased from JWFacts.com if memory serves correctly)

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

I like to keep things simple... JW's claim to be Gods messengers preaching the good news of the Kingdom to all the world right? I like to share Isaiah 44:26, " (Jehovah) ...the One making the word of his servant come true, and the One that carries out completely the counsel of his own messengers."

Has God ever made the words of this "faithful servant" come true?

They say they NEVER claimed to be prophets who spoke in Gods name. That is a pure 100% lie. I like to share the facts HERE

Most JW's, if asked will tell you they believe God will read hearts and save more than just the JW's but that is not what the Watchtower teaches. I like to share the facts HERE

These are only a few points of many ;)

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Learn everything there is to know about the grammar and context of John 20:28

Gather your JWs and some non JWs around you.

Ask your bothersome JW to play the part of Thomas while you play the part of Jesus starting from John 20:24 ....

Do not let them escape. The topic is the scripture you have chosen, not the several dozen they want to use as distractions.

I'm an athiest, but it's still fun

• simon17
    simon17

I start with the global flood. It breaks tons of physical laws, it has no evidence whatsoever, it is demonstrably wrong archaelogically, chronologically, genetically, geologically, etc etc etc.

I also don't like debating the minutia of evolution and the fall of Jerusalem but I DO LIKE showing the WT's articles, including some of their quotes IN-CONTEXT. These and other clear tactics show how deceptive they are being written.

• Darth Rutherford
    Darth Rutherford

Ask them 3 simple questions:

1) Do Jehovah's Witnesses conduct their work on the basis of Christ's name... as "Christians" following Christ's work? [They'll reply 'yes']

2) Do Jehovah's Witnesses believe they are lead by those 'anointed' by God, and that the organization as a whole is the only one God has chosen and is using to draw people to salvation? [They'll reply 'yes']

3) Do Jehovah's Witnesses believe the we are in the last days and the due time has approached for Jesus' words at Matthew 24, Luke 21, and Mark 13 to be fulfilled? [They'll reply 'yes']

Then take them to Luke 21:8: "He said: 'Look out that YOU are not misled; for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The due time has approached.’ Do not go after them.'"

Ask them to explain, then, how the WTBTS is exempt from Jesus' description of those we should not follow.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/scandals/217255/1/Luke-21-8-Who-Should-We-Really-Avoid

• Black Man
    Black Man

great thread. had thought about making a similar thread. powerful questions to debunk watchtower dogma - love it!

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

What about discussing 'new light' doctrine in the context of scripture. Ask them for an example of a bible account where god gave incorrect information and then true information...

Then once they have waffled on about light and caves and blinding the eyes... ...... read this...

Deut 18 : 21 (NWT)

"And in case you should say in your heart: “How shall we know the word that Jehovah has not spoken?” 22 when the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word does not occur or come true, that is the word that Jehovah did not speak. With presumptuousness the prophet spoke it. You must not get frightened at him.’

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit