A lunchtime spotting of JWs on their break from door-knocking...

by Jim_TX 19 Replies latest jw friends

• whathappened
    whathappened

You should have stuck out your foot and tripped one of them on the way out. They would have rejoiced, viewing it as persecution.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Rules, rules, rules..... getting in extra hours on a technicality. When I was a pioneer, getting hours in became a strategy. I started in the 90hrs a months years. Friday was a 12 hour day, 6am on the train station and finish with fri eve witnessing. All those hours, all those leaflets = no conversions. All bible studies were mostly friends of a friend or family, kids of other JW's or studies. Its funny how many people pass on their calls or potential studies to pioneers. When the unimaginable happens......*a study*.... JW's pass it on lol, even elders did it.

It amazed me how similar these studies were in personality type. Usually low intelligence, under some stress or family issue, sometimes mental health issues and/or drugs. The study was a painful hour of reading from a book and repeating lines word for word at a slow pace. Looking back, it was outright indoctrination. We tell you what to read and then we TELL YOU what TO ASK !!! The WT choose a persons questions! I am ashamed to have been any part of it. I have fond memories of pioneering, yet reading threads like this are awkward emotionally.I have memories of having fun with friends, but also I know we were wasting or lives, or time, our money, our fuel... and for what?

Nobody enjoys the ministry. It is outright old calling, hand out chasing, looking for new funders to squeeze for the WT. Dragging your kids on the ministry is a form of miserable indoctrination and abuse. It is so unhealthy for a childs development to be so different to your peers. Even the coffee at McDonalds doesnt make up for being seen in your ill fitted, 2nd hand suit, holding a bible and handing out bullshit to your friends parents. As that wonderful picture outside an assembly hall going around says "Your children would rather be playing with their friends!"

Snare x

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is a complete waste of everything. They bash Christmas shopping as being a waste of resources, as stressful, and a time-killer and energy waste. Yet, field circus is, hour for hour, even worse. They waste as much gas traveling around the territory as one might use going 300 km to see Grandma (and, on a full day, they might just go 120 km plus idle for several hours warming up). It is as stressful, if not worse, to go into a place where some repugnant ugly men are there and have to place littera-trash as to wait in line for that new iPhone for Christmas. You end up spending as much money while out in field circus, between going to McDonald's every day and suit dry cleanings, Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund donations, and wear and damage on your car as you would if you just did the Christmas.

Not to mention what it does to their health. Going to McDonald's once in a great while isn't going to do a whole lot of damage. The witlesses, on the other hand, eat there at least 3 times a week. That is the definition of "super heavy user". That is what ruins their health, along with hardly getting any sleep, all the boasting sessions, stress from field circus, and all the constant houndings they get. They claim that smoking is so horrible (and yes, it is very bad for your health); yet their own lifestyle is even worse.

As a source of stress, Christmas does rank as "stressful". There is no denying that. However, the stress of Christmas is because people are excited. You get to see all those Christmas lights in the store, you get to take a break from your routine to do shopping and baking, and it is a positive experience for most people. I believe the REJECT Astaroth Party, and the pious-sneer pushes, are at least as stressful and not in such a positive way as Christmas. Pious-sneering is a negative stress, since you are under pressure to get that 70 hours doing something you hate doing. Most people would rather spend 70 hours shopping, decorating their places, driving to Grandma's, baking, and celebrating than doing field circus. Not to mention, you are under great pressure to get something in their hands--you are "bloodguilty" if you could have brought them into the cancer and you screw up. And September is, for the witlesses, every bit as stressful as Christmas is for the average person (and again, a negative stress).

Let's see. The worldly people have Christmas, which is roughly 13 on the stress scale. I don't know of any rankings of witless things, but I would estimate the new field circus year as a 15, going through Christmas and not being able to celebrate it at least the 13 it would be if you just celebrated it, the REJECT Astaroth Party a 20, pious-sneering March through May 15, and the Grand Boasting Session 13 or more. It is also scattered through the year, never allowing witlesses a break. With all of it on the negative side, I would rather take my Christmas without the side of monosodium glutamate.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

There was a married couple living in my apartment complex who I spotted as JWs. Who else gets dressed up on a Saturday morning and carries a bookbag to their car?

Whenever I'd see them, my heart would sink, remembering that awful Saturday morning feeling, my mind casting about for some excuse not to go.

And I'm sure those pioneers thank Big J every day for the dollar menu. Otherwise, they wouldn't be able to afford to eat there.

http://scottleblog.wordpress.com

The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Your remark about reporting reminded me of a C.O we used to have who found it difficult to report Return Visits as he was never in one place for more than a few days, he used to get into a conversation with householders and say "I have a little brochure on this very subject in my car, I'll just slip and get it for you".

He told us with a laugh that he would count that as an R.V, as he worked the trick several times during the morning,twice on one door ! which had the added benefit for him of not knocking on so many doors, I reckon he did count each instance as a return visit !

• Princess Ashe
    Princess Ashe

early mornings getting up driving around finding apartments with laundry mats to leave mags in, then after I left moving into one of those places realizing that eventually the cleaning people end up throwing the mags in the trash.

i'll admit i did own some floral dresses. not sure why.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Jim,

I just love your posts.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

On the floral dress issue: Most of those dresses are like mumus, big, comfortable for all day wear, and they render one completely unsexy...it would have been plain wrong to look sexy out in the field ministry.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

You always feel like saying Oh by the way i have a question I once read a magazine that mentioned "the seven times' could you explain that to me.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I try to avoid Tim Horton's doughnut shops on Saturday morning because I don't want to run into my former JW "friends". Even funnier, a few months ago I was calling on some customers around my house and I wanted to go to McDonald for a quick lunch...as I approached the door I saw my wife and her car group waiting in line...I made sure they didn't see me and turned back to have lunch elsewhere! I would have loved to have lunch with my wife but I don't want to have anything to do with JWs and their fake demonstration of love in hope to have return into their cult...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit