lady throwing out her trash

by man oh man 27 Replies latest jw friends

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

For God's (or not) sake, peepol, RECYCLE those paper mags and books: don't clutter a land-fill!

There is NO New System coming with someone else to clean up the mess we make, so please don't add to the problem by not recycling stuff like that, whenever possible....

Can I get an amen?

• Glander
    Glander

I suppose all the paper could be pulped and made into toilet tissue. Yeah, that's it!

• nugget
    nugget

we slowly binned the lot. But it took years to track down magazines that had fallen down the back of chairs and under the beds.

That literature gets everywhere.

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition
    That literature gets everywhere.

LOL

• Emery
    Emery

That's awesome! It must've felt real good getting rid of all that WT literature. I remember the day I threw everything away, I have never felt so refreshed and liberated, it was a huge mental leap toward the right direction.

• cedars
    cedars

I used to have two shelves on my bookcase devoted to "theocratic" books. Now there is just one, and everything else is in a huge box in a god-forsaken room in our house waiting to be recycled.

I feel no nostalgia for the books/magazines whatsoever. The only hesitancy I have towards getting rid of hard-copy publications is that I lose the illustrations. Sometimes the illustrations can be just as damning as the written content - especially the "Armageddon art".

I also keep a healthy stock of Yearbooks, because it's easier to look up the statistics for any given year at a glance than trawl through the data on the Watchtower Library.

Ultimately, though, unless you have plans to use the material in some way it's better to have the space.

Cedars

• Glander
    Glander

In my day the Watchtower counted all the shipped liturature as distributed liturature. They knew better. The pubs paid for ALL the lit shipped from NY even though 80% ended up in storage or left at laundromats, etc. WT didn't care, they had built in buyers.

It is, and always has been, a publishing sales corporation.

• Aware!
    Aware!

I saw a cat in the bag. Would've been more interesting if she had dug a hole and lit them on fire, but recycling is better. NWT paper is too thin to wipe anything. Reminds me of a time in field service a few months ago where I had to blow my nose and used a memorial invitation when no one was looking.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

I hadn't realized how much literature I collected over all these years. Got rid of a lot. I'm still placing mags- just goes in the trash (Recycle Bin- KSOL)

Was a little conflicted about getting rid of those hard covers, but once you start, it does feel good.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Those hard covers troubled me for a long time, rip van winkle. It seemed like sacrilege to throw them out.

Then one of my ddaughters pointed out that the JW's had put such pressuure on me during the study that I'd felt forced and obliged to throw out and destroy all manner of things sacred to my then religion. not even to give them to a charity shop in case they led some poor innocent astray.

Well, that brought me to my senses. It was true. JW's have no sensitivity at all to anyone else's beliefs. Their beliefs are poison. therefore those books must go. End of story.

And guess what! I've discovered I still have one or two more that this morning, despite all I wrote, I couldn't bear to toss. We're down to a WT Bible and a 2 volume Insight Book. I think that's all. One looks and almost feels sacred, and one seems like a work of learning...until you remind yourself that it isin fact just full of pictures, maps that are admittedly interesting, false pretend learning, mind-manipulation and lies, just plain lies, pure and simple.

That's the danger of all this pernictious literature. It is as much lies and vicious propaganda as anything in Stalinist Russia. Worse, because it calls itself The Truth.

It is The Lie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit