"We don't believe only JWs will survive Armageddon, only Jehovah can read hearts" - Logic Fallacies by JWs (or us)?

by cognisonance 51 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

It's ridiculous for them to claim they don't teach only Jehovah's Witnesses will be saved, because they are pretty clear that not even all Jehovah's Witnesses will be saved. Unless you are "whole souled" and faithful and completely obedient to the faithful slave, you will be bird food at the Big A right along with everyone else.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

LisaRose - "It's ridiculous for them to claim they don't teach only Jehovah's Witnesses will be saved, because they are pretty clear that not even all Jehovah's Witnesses will be saved."

Oh, yeah, I'd forgotten about that.

It's funny that I had, too, seeing as how that specific admission (in a public talk, I think), plus coming to the inescapable conclusion that non-JWs would survive the Big A (I still nominally believed, but was thinking for myself more and more, and had been reading about unsustainable population growth, climate change, etc.), led me to the inevitable question:

"Hey wait... if being a dutiful Witness is still no guarantee of survival, and even nonJWs stand as much of a chance, then what advantage is there to even being a Jehovah's Witness???"

I had real difficulty coming up with an honest, compelling answer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit