What's The Worst Thing About Being A Jehovah's Witness?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

For me, I think it's that the Witnesses teach they are God's spokesman. They represent his "Faithful & Discreet Slave"....and that they alone are expounders of the ONLY TRUTH and that if you disagree with ANYTHING they teach, you are considered worse than vomit.

It's unbelievable because these people are wrong so many times, it cannot be excused!

As a Witness, you must accept every viewpoint and if you (and your family) do not accept it all, hook, line and sinker, you are "APOSTATES"!!!

They should be ashamed of themselves but they are just like Pharisees, only worse! Shame on them!

• james_woods
    james_woods

I was dragged in by parents at the age of about 10.

The worst thing for me was the nagging sensation that I was actually ASHAMED of our weird religion.

Never felt that way when we were Presbyterians or Methodists.

Later, of course, with research in the 1970s it all fell apart and then I was not just ASHAMED - I was DISGUSTED.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Coming from a Catholic country, I felt a profound difference. People who were Catholics hardly thought daily about the fact that they were Catholic. Being a Jehovah's Witness you couldn't escape it with the daily text, regular meetings and field service. Witnesses can never escape being Witnesses even for a short period of time without being counselled about missing meetings or being spiritually weak. This is not a religion which is too compatible with leisure. It consumes your life until there is nothing left.

It's hard to pick just one...but I'll make a list (in no particular order...just as they came to mind)

1. Being so judgemental and pretentious that they alone have God's approval.

2. Shunning people/not associating with people who do not believe the same

3. Making meetings/service/studies your whole life and starting kids EARLY... (shakes head)

4. People always in your business, trying to find ways to get you in trouble

5. Being in fear of the elders, Jehovah, Satan

6. Guilt that you don't think about Jehovah 24/7 and you want to live as a normal human being

7. The control factor, whether that be behavior, information, thought, or emotional

8. Baptising minors. At 10 years of age, you should not have to make a decision that will affect you the rest of your life.

9. Never being good enough.

10. Did I mention service?

• Scott77
    Scott77

For me, they presented themselves as nice people, in ties for men and other good dresses for women. They pretended to be the best family example on earth. I believed them. The worst thing come up when I discovered that they are not what they pretend to be. It was a profound shock. Then when I reflected on the many years of faithful services I rendered to these self-serving men in New York State, I feel a sense of profound loss. I got relief in the knowledge that I was not alone.

Scott77

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Without a doubt, the "One Towel Rule"

Rub a Dub

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Waiting for the "real life" and not living the one that is here and now.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: What's The Worst Thing About Being A Jehovah's Witness?

Most of the dub girls I had to choose from were dogs, and there were no other options outside of my faith. Just the dogs. Why is that? Who wants to court and marry a girl named "Rover?"

Farkel

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

In addition to that they are a complete waste of your life, they teach false doctrines, and there are way too many Pharisaic rules that do not belong in a so-called Christian religion, there is the issue of dedication.

Does anyone realize that, once you dedicate your soul (which to them is your life) to Jehovah, you are sealing your fate forever? They are hoping that, maybe they are going to be working for 2-5 years recruiting others in, and then they will be ushered into a paradise where their problems will all be solved forever. However, they are actually sealing their damnation--which is all but impossible to be extricated from. You dedicate to Jehovah, not the organization (a disassociation letter only breaks the ties to the organization, but doesn't leave even a dirt mark on the Jehovah dedication). Thus, if you die and are reincarnated after the Washtowel is gone, you would be reincarnated into a family that has another Jehovah worshiping hybrid Jewish/Christian religion (and being strict in it), or a fully Jewish family (they also worship Jehovah). This would go on until the soul is dissipated, and I think accounts for those 6 year olds getting baptized and being trapped until they die.

This also deprives you the opportunity to fully dedicate your soul to another God at a later time. Your original Jehovah dedication remains on the astral. This doesn't create problems with most Christian denominations because they do not require you to dedicate your soul to Jesus. However, if anyone later chooses to dedicate to Jesus later, they are going to find doing so impossible because of the Jehovah dedication. With Jesus, this rarely creates a problem. However, with a growing number of people that are finding Satan, it also makes it impossible to fully dedicate your soul to Satan and, unlike with Jesus, this DOES create a conflict as the Jehovah dedication makes it impossible to fully dedicate to Satan. It is like paying one bill with money committed to another bill earlier. You are unlikely to get the full benefit from Satan, and there is zero benefit from Jehovah who simply holds your soul hostage.

You have only one soul. Yes, the waste of time is bad. Yes, the lost opportunities for education, sports, and social development are bad. But, I think the wasting your one and only soul on Jehovah is the ultimate. Usually, this translates to children getting reincarnated and not even knowing it, getting baptized at age 6 (and being held in high esteem), pious-sneering (usually under parental force) every school vacation, being pushed in the organization as adults, hating it but being unable to break free, and dying with a LIE-ble and 15 or 20 rags in their hands. I also think it has a lot to do with those who become inactive for 15 or 20 years, or get disfellowshipped or disassociate, and some 20 years later they end up going back. It is tied to the astral--along with the manifestation of being unable to function outside the cancer, they seem fated to spend the better part of their lives in some hybrid Jewish/Christian religion or as a Jew that worships Jehovah. Most of them hate it.

• minimus
    minimus

I agree that I should never have gotten baptized at 9 years of age.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit