I Couldn't Sleep Last Night.... All Jesus Had To Do Was Hand The Disciples The Scroll Of Daniel The Prophet

by BroMac 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BroMac
    BroMac

.......All Jesus had to do was hand the disciples the Scroll of Daniel the prophet

(Matthew 24:3) 3 While he was sitting upon the Mount of Olives, the disciples approached him privately, saying: “Tell us, When will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?”

3Q's asked of Jesus.... When will these things be?

What will be the Sign of your presence?

What of the conclusion of the system of things?

(Matthew 24:15, 16) 15 “Therefore, when YOU catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation, as spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place, (let the reader use discernment,) 16 then let those in Ju·de′a begin fleeing to the mountains. . .

Right so, Jesus told the disciples about the thing spoken of by Daniel the prophet, and the disgusting thing standing in a holy place. Then he goes on to list all the things that are expected to unfold.

Then: (Matthew 24:32-35) 32 “Now learn from the fig tree as an illustration this point: Just as soon as its young branch grows tender and it puts forth leaves, YOU know that summer is near. 33 Likewise also YOU, when YOU see all these things, know that he is near at the doors. 34 Truly I say to YOU that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur. 35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will by no means pass away. Ok so when will that be then? (Matthew 24:36, 37) 36 “Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. . . "Nobody knows"!! "Only The Father"!! Hang on! Didnt Jesus just mention Daniel the prophet. What about the Seven Times?.. 2520days?... Day for a Year? I'm sure Jesus also read Chap/Scroll 4, did he miss that bit. I think Jesus was telling porkies Daniel the prophet spoke of Jesus Second Coming, and it would be Oct 1914. All he had to do was hand the disciples a Scroll, you know, the one with the big tree in it. They could have discussed it at their next Congregation Bible Study™ and would then have clearly understood that Jesus would not be returning for another 1880yrs? (33AD>1914) In the Autumn/Fall. Maybe Jesus would have learned something from the upbuilding comments.
  • designs
    designs

Jesus took a politican's position- never give a direct answer to a direct question.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

It's amazing the oddities you find in scripture when you start thinking.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Good find. I haven't read the bible in a coon's age. No desire too, either.

The one thing that I notice, and did way back is this...

standing in a holy place, (let the reader use discernment,)

...ummm... he is speaking to them, verbally. No one is reading anything. My first thought is that this was inserted by the author of the book. But... why?

It isn't outside of the quotes, of the words spoken, so it is made to look like words spoken directly by Jesus.

It just didn't ever make much sense to me... but I wasn't a scholar like others, and figured that I was just too slow in understanding things like this.

I feel that it would make more sense if it were stated like...

standing in the holy place, (let the hearer use discernment,)

...but, what do I know.

Regards,

Jim TX

• fakesmile
  • Recovery
    Recovery

You are committing the logical fallacy of grouping several separate events into one, when that is not the case.

Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father. 37 For just as the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. . .

Notice that there is a distinction between 'that day and hour' and 'the days of Noah'. These are not the same event. Also, notice verse 44 'On this account YOU too prove yourselves ready, because at an hour that YOU do not think to be it, the Son of man is coming." The day and hour (no one knows about) = the coming of Christ. That is what is said to have been not known by anyone. There is a difference between Christ's coming and his presence.

I don't see how this disprove JW's wrong in any way since The Gentile Times are related to Christ's presence, not his coming.

• BroMac
    BroMac

ok so no one knows when the coming will be not even the son. not even jw's. thats fine.

his Presence then = Oct 1914 Jesus is Crowned King Of Gods Kingdom. thats big news to any disciple. we know this because it was spoken of by Daniel the prophet. The Disciples would have known this in 33AD if Jesus would have handed them a scroll, after all thats where they were going to be ressurected to and be a part of the future. It is impossible that Jesus was not aware of Daniel the prophet speaking about this event in those scrolls and not knowing when his future Presence would be.

I'm sure he could do the maths without going back to Egypt and looking at the Pyramids

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I'm sure he could do the maths without going back to Egypt and looking at the Pyramids

Unfortunately, even if Jesus or his disciples had visited the Great Pyramid, they wouldn't have been able to derive the 1914 chronology since the measurement of "inches" didn't exist until, at earliest, the 7th century AD.

Although when you're just making shit up, you can derive any conclusion from just about anything.

• BroMac
    BroMac

by jah you have cracked the code breakfast of champions!

no longer will i have sleepless nights over this. Jesus did not hand the disciples the 4th scroll/chapter because he knew it was impossible to do the maths until a suitable form of measurement called "Pyramid Inches" came along 600 yrs down the line. you see a Cubit just would not do to measure "Gods Stone Witness". Goes without saying that Jesus must have known that it would have been beyond the capabilities of the King Designate to be able to find the front door of the Great Pyramid.

• tec
    tec

...ummm... he is speaking to them, verbally. No one is reading anything. My first thought is that this was inserted by the author of the book. But... why?
    It isn't outside of the quotes, of the words spoken, so it is made to look like words spoken directly by Jesus.

My guess... by the author or a later scribe, and then it just became part of what some thought was originally there.

Peace,

tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit