The Demonized Metronome

by Farkel 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

: And the flutist could do the most amazing flutter-tonguing.

She forgot to try out trumpet players. Rafael Mendez the great classical trumpetist was one of the few people who could do triple-tonguing.

: And the flutist

Don't you mean "flautist?"

Farkel

• Londo111
    Londo111

As I see it, you have one choice: burn the demonized Metronome.

Apparently, immaterial demons can be foiled by flame, and you will hear screaming as it either causes them pain, or they got really attached to the object in question. Bewarned, if they've protected the metronome with fire retardant from the spirit world, if might not burn. Or it will...but just take a little more time. This might be especially the case if the object is flame resistant in the first place, but regardless, the object won't burn well because of being possessed.

Saying name Jehovah might facilitate the burning, but will cause the demons to scream even more--even though that rendering was mistakenly conjured by medieval scribes a few centuries ago. The demons will tell you NOT to say the name Jehovah...and somehow these superhuman entities who are smarter, more powerful, and have lived longer than us have never heard of reverse psychology.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Flutist vs. Flautist!

According to a factoid at NationMaster.com, world-renowned flute virtuoso Sir James Galway has this to say on the matter:

"I am a flute player, not a flautist. I don’t have a flaut, and I’ve never flauted.”

Flautist vs. flutist

For the noun denoting a person who plays the flute, Americans usually use flutist. In varieties of English from outside North America, flautist is more common. The Canadian-English sample size is too small to be useful, but both words are used by Canadian writers.

Flutist, from the French flûtiste, is by far the older word in English, and it is not American in origin. The OED lists an example from 1603, though the word remained rare until the early 18th century. It was the preferred form in all varieties of English until the late 19th century, when flautist, which came to English from the Italianflautista early that century, was fully adopted in British English.

In the event that you have trouble picking one, flute-player is a noncontroversial alternative.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit