The Demonized Metronome

by Farkel 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

This story is true, although there is some exaggeration about the actual conversations, the gist of the conversations are also true.

I'm 18 years old, emancipated and living 1,000 miles away from my parents. I'm still a dub and so are they.

My mother is crazy. My mother has always been crazy. She comes from a long line of people with a rich spiritual heritage of being whack jobs.

One day I get a phone call from her. After the usual greetings and guilt trips, she says:

"I think I know why you are all screwed up, Farkel."

"I'm not screwed up, Mom."

"Yes you are."

"No I'm not."

"Are too."

"Am not."

"I'm certain you have something in your possession which is demonized(tm) and screwing you up."

"You mean my Playboy magazines, Mom?"

"YOU READ THOSE?!"

"I only get them for the articles."

"We'll talk about that later. I'm talking about that metronome your uncle gave you." (A metronome is a device which has an upside pendulum and is used to help musicians during practice to keep time with music.)

"My metronome isn't demonized, mom?"

"Yes it is. Your uncle is demonized, so that metronome he gave you has to be demonized."

"Mom, he gave that to me when I was in sixth grade!"

"Yes, and that's about the time you became screwed up."

"I'm NOT screwed up!"

"Are too. If you just get rid of it, you won't be screwed up anymore."

"Alright. Whatever you say, Mom."

...two weeks pass by and of course, I didn't get rid of the metronome...Mom calls again:

"Did you get rid of it?"

"Yes I did." (I lied)

"Do you feel better now?"

"Yes. MUCH better."

"See? Just trust in Jehovah. He knows what is best for you. Now about those Playboy magazines..."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Farkel

• jgnat
    jgnat

Well, that explains everything then.

You never got rid of that metronome.

• Scully
    Scully

I think you should auction your demonized metronome on ebay. People love that stuff... you'll make a lot of money.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Do you still have those playboys?

• out4good3
    out4good3

give 'em an inch......

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I didn't know Satan likes to keep Tempo or he was musically inclined.

Oh ya ! ...... Heavy Metal

• 00DAD
    00DAD

So what tempo do you set the metronome to when you read those Playboy articles? A nice gentle Largo, or do you prefer an Allegretto with a Prestissimo finale?

00DAD

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I went to a house on Saturday that has in the bedroom a metronome that talks....it plays a recording from the 1930s from a hypotist to help people fall asleep.

Would love to see a superstitious JW react to that. lol

• Farkel
    Farkel

00Dad,

: So what tempo do you set the metronome to when you read those Playboy articles? A nice gentle Largo, or do you prefer an Allegretto with a Prestissimo finale?

None of the above. When a guy is 18 years old, everything is not just prestissimo, it is molto prestississimo! Largo only happens when you get to be my age.

Girls prefer Vibrato, though.

Farkel

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Vibrato is a lovely effect, but it is NOT a tempo.

BTW, did you hear about the girl that dated all the guys in the orchestra?

Her friend asked her, "So who was your favorite?"

She answered, "Well, I loved the way the cellist would wrap himself around me and stroke my back as we made out. The percussionist had great rhythm and the trumpet player's lips made for some very exciting kissing. And the flutist could do the most amazing flutter-tonguing.

But the French Horn player was the best ever, he really had it all and I just LOVED the way he would hold me when we kissed!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit