Demons in the house (from yardsales to even digital purchases)

by cognisonance 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Glander
    Glander

All you skeptics tell that to the sister who came to elders and told them that the dildo she bought at a garage sale sexually assualted her when she got it home.

• finally awake
    finally awake

Cog, honestly, I'd probably banish him to a nursing home and be done with it. I have very little patience for crazy bull$xxx. However, I readily admit that I'm not a very nice person. I have made a lifelong practice of refusing to allow relatives to guilt trip me into doing things I don't want to do. My family is manipulative and demanding and without an iron backbone I'd be spending every free minute doing someone else's scut work.

• finally awake
    finally awake

Glander - I'd pay good money to see a sister do that deadpan LOL

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

" What it boils down to is: You are letting this house become demonized because you allow yourself to be entertained by things the Watchtower says are the products of Satan. Those things thus are letting the demons in and harass me. If you loved me you wouldn't allow this type of entertainment in our house. Don't you want to protect me?

What do I say to that?"

What can you say to that? Going off that anything, I mean anything you bring into your house could be deemed as an item that is possibly contaminated by demons. That's a nice bit of control going on there.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

IMNSHO, the sames thing applies that I am sure he told you when you were a teenager...."My house, my rules."

He has no right to tell you what to do in your own home. His JW concscience is his to deal with, not yours, and that needs to be made clear to him. Should he choose to live somewhere else because of a type of movie you watch in the privacy of your home when he is not around, then he can make that huge decision over a petty thing all by himself.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

First I want to say to you, Cognisonance, you're a good egg for caring for your JW father.(I'm assuming this part is TRUE? or perhaps your MOM)

Anyway, someone you love has a biased opinion on all (JW)spiritual things. He is elderly. He probably will not change his views, so late in life. Accepting that, you can find a way to be able to respect his beliefs and respect him as your Father. There are no simple answers.

I do not like to lie to anyone. I do not like when other people try to manipulate and control me. Having said that, sometimes in order to avoid stress and tension and disagreement, you just concede. Who does it harm if you concede. Just love him, anyway. Make your peace.

He believes what he believes. You believe what you believe. You don't have to tell him you watched a certain movie or that you just purchased an antique.

I hope this helped you a little.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit