Did you know that God will terminate your supervisors employment, and give you their old job?

by Theocratic Sedition 37 Replies latest jw friends

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee
    "I knew there was something different about you! When my father was on his deathbed, two of your fellow believers came and read the Bible to him every day.

"Fellow beleivers"...that's Watchtower speak....the Manager...if he existed, never said that I'm sure and JW's would more than likely have been reading a publication to him rather than the bible itself.

Jehovah lives up to his assurances that we will not go without material necessities.

Tell that to the 40 something Ministerial Servant fater of five I know who lost his job and had his home repossessed and became a ward of the congregation and ended up dying of a ruptured aorta and couldnt take blood to save himself. His family has never recovered and are living in a broken down mobile home owned by another witness. His wife who never worked before got a job as a cashier in a fabric store and they are basically poverty stricken.

The story never said if the salary was the same for the JW as was offered to a College Grad nor did we hear how things went when the Witness started working. Hopefully he was able to hold down the position. What about the rest of the people there who have jobs and are supporting their families ? Is Jehovah providing for them or are they just lucky?

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

xyz said:

The story never said if the salary was the same for the JW as was offered to a College Grad nor did we hear how things went when the Witness started working. Hopefully he was able to hold down the position. What about the rest of the people there who have jobs and are supporting their families ? Is Jehovah providing for them or are they just lucky?

Contrast that with the story of the African girl who is blessed by YHWH.

It raises the old theodicy question: do good things happen to people as a sign of God's blessing, and bad things as a curse?

That's usually where they implore the "unforeseen circumstances befall all" explanation if you're not on the shit list, and "you got your just punishment from God" if you are.

• Anator
    Anator

Quote from George Carlin: Religion convinced the world that there's an invisible man in the sky who watches everything you do. And there's 10 things he doesn't want you to do or else you'll to to a burning place with a lake of fire until the end of eternity. But he loves you! ...And he needs money! He's all powerful, but he can't handle money!

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

But didn't the WT study last Sunday say JW's can only expect 'blessings' as group not as individuals?

I was told this, I do not attend the meetings anymore.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

First, that is not the type of experience I would expect Jehovah to ever provide in real life. It was made up, and put in the rag so that those in the actual situation could pious-sneer, hoping to get a decent job, and end up destitute while they are waiting. I would be more inclined to believe the story had someone prayed to Satan, and if several people were spiritual Satanists and all got good jobs while Christians (and especially Jehovah's Witlesses) got nothing.

In the real world, Jehovah likes simply to write up embellished (or outright fake) experiences and use those as stock examples instead of giving real experiences. Then people get suckered into dedicating their souls to Jehovah, and if there are enough people involved with enough energy and enough angels, such dedication gets into the astral where they will not be free to dedicate to Satan (or Jesus, in cases where they wish to revert to being Christian) when the time is right and Jehovah abuses and neglects them. Referring to stock examples is something Jehovah does, rather than doing anything real. And many of the stock examples are embellished or outright lies.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Heartofaboy: But didn't the WT study last Sunday say JW's can only expect 'blessings' as group not as individuals?

Yes it did! In paragraph 14:

Jehovah has promised to help, protect, and deliver his people, as a group ... Thus that crowd, as a group, will be shielded from extinction throughout the remainder of the last days. - Emphasis added

The article was entitled: “OF WHOM SHALL I BE IN DREAD?”

The last word of the article is "Armageddon".

Somehow, it's always about the organization!

00DAD

I have the heart of a small boy ... I keep it in a jar on my desk. - Stephen King.

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

Thanks OODAD the information I was given was correct then.

The illogical reasoning always heard at the meetings of JWs & the pressure to subdue the urges to get to the truth of the matter made me so unhappy when I attended the KH.

Thank goodness I'm breaking free & starting to really apreciate the life I have rather than fighting the Borgs insistence that it knows best what I should be doing with my life.

• perfect1
    perfect1

JHVH will smite your boss and promote you, as a group, not an individual.

Are these contradictions deliberate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit