Did you know that God will terminate your supervisors employment, and give you their old job?

by Theocratic Sedition 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

According to the WT Study yesterday, that's what happened.

16. By allowing jehovah to instruct us and lead us in the path of uprightness, we will have no cause for fear. When a regular pioneer in the United States applied for a job that would help him to keep his entire family in full-time service, his supervisor told him that he would never get that position without a college degree. Had this happened to you, would you have regretted pursuing full-time service to the exclusion of seeking higher education? Two weeks later, that supervisor's employment was terminated, and another manager asked the brother about his goals. he readily explained that eh and his wife were full-time ministers of Jehovah's Witnesses and wanted to continue as such. Before the brother could say anything else, the manager said, "I knew there was something different about you! When my father was on his deathbed, two of your fellow believers came and read the Bible to him every day. I promised myself that if I ever had an opportunity to help one of Jehovah's Witnesses, I would do it." The next morning, this brother was given the very job that the former director had refused to give him. Indeed, when we put Kingdom interests first in our life, Jehovah lives up to his assurance that we will not go without material necessities.- Matt 6:33.

• VM44
    VM44

Another embellished unverifiable "experience"

The Watchtower has a million of 'em!

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

What a crock.

• watson
    watson

Well...if it's true, that's great.

• VM44
    VM44

The Watchtower always attributes the actions of humans to Jehovah!

"The next morning, this brother was given the very job that the former director had refused to give him. Indeed, when we put Kingdom interests first in our life, Jehovah lives up to his assurance that we will not go without material necessities"

Jehovah didn't do anything, it was the manager that appointed the regular pioneer to the job!

This kind of thinking is encouraged by The Watchtower.

Jehovah is imaginary, in order to make it appear that he is real and is doing something, the actions of humans must be attributed to him.

Example: Man donates $20,000 to build a Kingdom Hall. Witnesses will say "Jehovah has provided."

Jehovah didn't provide anything. He doesn't even have a bank account!

The JWs live in an delusional world of their own making.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

WT SAID:

the manager said, "I knew there was something different about you! When my father was on his deathbed, two of your fellow believers came and read the Bible to him every day. I promised myself that if I ever had an opportunity to help one of Jehovah's Witnesses, I would do it."

Why stop there? Let's help the WT Writing Dept out, shall we?

And when Human Resources Dep't got wind of the manager showing favoritism to the faithful pioneer on the basis of his religious beliefs, the MANAGER was fired on the spot (to avoid charges of discrimination by other workers, who were given the supervisor's job). The pioneer applied for the ex-managers job, and climbed the ladder of success without even trying!

• clarity
    clarity

"Before the brother could say anything else, the manager said, "I knew there was something different about you! When my father was on his deathbed, two of your fellow believers came and read the Bible to him every day. I promised myself that if I ever had an opportunity to help one of Jehovah's Witnesses, I would do it." The next morning, this brother was given the very job that the former director had refused to give him"

>

Before he could say anything else ......... huh .... this means they couldn't think-up

anything to put here, so stuck this statement in there!

Such obvious crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clarity

• VM44
    VM44

"When my father was on his deathbed, two of your fellow believers came and read the Bible to him every day. "

Do you think this actually happened?

This sounds like a made up assembly experience to me.

• sir82
    sir82

Far more people have won the lottery than had the experience of getting a job they weren't qualified for because their boss got fired.

So why isn't the Watchtower pushing people to buy Lotto tickets?

• SophieG
    SophieG

“Experiences” like this would drive me nuts. When I would read them in the publications, little warning bells would go off in my head… wondering if they were made up, just to ‘prove’ the point in the paragraph?

I mentioned this to a friend and her response was incredulity that the WTBS would lie to us!!! *eye-roll*

I said to her…if you read this in a legit magazine, you would have references right? We can’t check the facts, we are just EXPECTED to believe. I bet if we called headquarters and asked for a reference we would not get one!

I hope she studied her WT yesterday...HMPH!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit