Lurkers - PLEASE watch this excellent video on 1914 that uses only Watchtower quotes!

by cedars 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cedars
    cedars

MC RubberMallet

One thing I noted though. At 2:38 he stated the Governing Body was teaching the "last days having started in 1799" up until 1928. There was no GB in 1928. Rutherford was president and he ran the organization exclusively.

Well spotted, that is a shame! I can personally attest to how difficult it is to put a factual video together without making a mistake somewhere. Once the mistake is made (and the video uploaded with hundreds of views), it's difficult and time-consuming to fix it! Nevertheless, hopefully the video will prompt thinking JWs to do some homework, and then they will realize that the Governing Body is a far more recent institution than they previously understood.

If any lurkers out there would like more information on how/when the Governing Body began, here is my article on the subject: http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/the-governing-body-of-jehovahs-witnesses-explained

Cedars

• Ding
    Ding

I still remember my astonishment the first time an elder accused me of using apostate literature when I showed him old WT literature.

I asked him, "When does a WT publication stop being the truth and turn into apostate literature?"

He stormed out without giving me an answer.

• biblecheck
  • WuzLovesDubs
  • cedars
  • compound complex
    compound complex

Good morning, Cedars:

You have a pm.

Hoping to hear from you.

CHEERS!

CoCo

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks CoCo, I am grateful for your PM! I will be replying but I've been rather busy, and I wanted to reply once the changes are implemented.

I do appreciate you taking such a helpful interest in my website.

Cedars

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, Cedars.

You do have a lot on your plate! I appreciate the reply.

Peace and blessings.

CoCo

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

This is brilliant Cedars, thanks. I have sent you a pm.

• cedars
    cedars

Another AWESOME video on the subject of the great 1914 cover-up. I love this guy's work...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbQdIMXFA_4

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit