Lurkers - PLEASE watch this excellent video on 1914 that uses only Watchtower quotes!

by cedars 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cedars
    cedars

This is a truly awesome video, with a lovely overall presentation, that uses Watchtower literature to explain how the expectations of Russell and his followers regarding 1914 differ significantly from what is portrayed in modern publications.

If you're visiting this forum for the first time, please watch it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zap6KEfLhpE

Cedars

• still thinking
    still thinking

I think this is a great video to keep bumping....so....'bump'

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

We need to help make this video go viral. This is GREAT work, and fact-checking. It is ironic that all you need is WTS material. BUT... get this! My late father, an elder, told me years ago that you can be disfellowshipped for APOSTASY if you recall old WTS material! NO KIDDING! How criminally mind-controlling. Fear not, at one point, they WILL fall. THe generation that blindly follows is dying off... thanks to the overwhelming material available on the net.

• Fernando
    Fernando

That has to be repeated: "The generation that blindly follows is dying off... thanks to the overwhelming material available on the net. "

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

very good. there's one thing i'd also mention and another thing i'd emphasize a little more:

1. russel was calculating the 1914 date from 606 BCE, not 607 BCE. so not only did they expect something completely different to happen, the whole calculation was wrong (well, the new one is too, as we all know).

2. i'd put a little more emphasis on the fact that the 1799 and 1874 dates were still promoted by JWs until some 20 years after 1914. rutherford's books still got those dates in them.

• clarity
    clarity

Hi cedars ... great video!

Liked it a lot!

Another scripture to refute the point of

Christ having to wait till '1914' to get his ruling power

is Matt 28:18 &19 .............................>

He says

"ALL authority has BEEN GIVEN to me ...in heaven & on the earth...

go therefore, * because he had the authority to do this then*, and make disciples... "

So Christ received authority upon his returning to heaven and sitting on the throne!

Not in 1914 !

thanx for your work!

clarity

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Marked

• Scully
    Scully

Well done!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes its a very exposing video concerning how the WTS. conceals the Watch Corporation's past and what C T Russell was actually preaching

and teaching.

Pretty much the same way they put all those old WTS. pieces of literature under lock and key at their HQ so Bethelites don't read them.

What has to be honesty realized is that the leaders of the WTS are deceivingly corrupt liars !

Why ? Because they are trying create a self supportive imagine of themselves, that god has chosen their organization and therefore they alone

have true Bible interpretation.

This organization without question is a corrupt religious publishing house, otherwise known as charlatans.

They've turned the gospel into a adulterated commercialized fraud.

• whoosier
    whoosier

This has been the first video I've watched since I started lurking a couple of months ago.

I appreciate the concise, non-combative, informational method used in the presentation. Lots to think about with it.

Since I'm very early in whatever journey this turns out to be, I'm interested in this type of logic.

This is much more appealing than "Sparlock", masturbation video jokes, or demons in illustrations. Those crack me up, but, not much intellectual fodder down those paths. I still find a lot of the comments here full on belly laugh worthy.

Maybe some day, I'll feel comfortable enough to tell my story. Suffice to say, born-in, got dunked in the water 35+ years ago.

Whoosier

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit