So, apparently I hate myself....

by EntirelyPossible 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Instead of doing what I normally do on Sunday mornings after I drop the kids off at their mom's house, that is, go play golf, smoke a cigar and then watch sports with my buddy (or go to the range, depending), I am instead, for some reason I haven't yet fathomed, am watching John Hagee preach on TV. It's raining today, so I am at home instead of being out.

Ostensibly, I turned on the TV to watch/listen to ESPN while I clean up around the house. John Hagee was on when I turned the TV on, I was instantly fascinated. This guy is a nutjob. I love the same stories he is telling as things that I used to head in the Kingdom Hall. He is saying things like "God will only use you if you are broken". He's preaching about how we need to pre-emptively strike Iran and tying that somehow to Jesus driving the money lenders out of the temple. He screamed at the congregation that they are useless to God unless they have self control. He's saying that when Jesus comes, and it will be soon, that they will all rule the earth as spirit rulers with Jesus and people will come to bow before them, but only if they put aside their personality and become more like Jesus. And now he's singing annd playing saxaphone with a band.....

I guess I am fascinated by how similiar the eschtatology of Protestant religions is to the JW eschatology. Since I grew up JW, I was never really exposed to any other religions or beliefs. It's very interesting to watching people take the Bible and come to some very similiar and some very drastic conclusions and interpretations.

To be fair, I really like the tie he paired with his pinstripe suit and he is a snappy sax player. Still a loon, though.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Wow, spokesperson for the gods, military strategist, AND he sings and plays the sax!

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Don't forget snappy dresser, NC.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I wonder if his suits are bespoke?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Fashion diva too.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I don't get your meaning, Mrs. J

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

EP said:

So, apparently I hate myself....

Well, that's understandable, as there IS alot about you to hate!!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Bespoke: 1 a : custom-made <a bespoke suit> b : dealing in or producing custom-made articles

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I bet you could go to this guy for financial advice, and he's be an expert. Child rearing? Ask Hagee. Relationship issues, depression, plumbing problems? You know your guy. Right now, I am having a real problem with my Westie barking like an insane little monster, and have not had a good sleep in weeks. I think I'll write Hagee a letter, although I fear he may suggest a pre-emptive strike.

• blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit