New JW.org video - using the simplified Watchtower to "teach" children

by cedars 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cedars
    cedars

Hi everyone

Well, now that the new JW.org website is up and running, the videos keep coming thick and fast.

This latest highly-polished production shows an asian family, evidently living in America (or some other developed country), explaining how the Watchtower in simplified English benefits them.

Here is the link...

http://www.jw.org/en/news/by-region/world/video-clip-helping-children/

The first thing that struck me was the boys playing football together at the beginning. It seems playing soccer in pairs (as with the ministry!) is now acceptable so long as you don't play in a team, or try to head the ball!

I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Cedars

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Straight up air-brushed advertising!! It reminds me of a Mormon commercial. I have nothing against that family of course, but that is a carefully crafted advertisement aimed at immigrants and their children, which I believe is the fastest growing segment in the U.S. Those are my gut feelings after viewing it.

• baltar447
    baltar447

OH my FSM! I couldn't finish watching it....

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Beautifully executed propaganda! I have to give them that.

As far as this whole video campaign, it seems to me they do quite well when it comes to "white" propaganda pieces like this.

But when they start using video to teach their beliefs, e.g. Sparlock, the Masturbator, they get creepy, cultish and surreal.

• life is to short
    life is to short

To me it was a total take off of the Mormon commercial's that were playing in my area last spring. WOW is all I can say. It also reminded me of Rockcenter's interview of the Mormon's a couple of week ago.

LITS

• 00DAD
    00DAD

That's such a beautiful video, what a lovely family. They're all smiling and happy, enjoying time playing, eating and worshipping together. You'd never, ever suspect it's a cult!

Oh, I guess that's the idea, isn't it?

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

How does the watchtower get simplified? Have they turned it into a colouring book?

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Genesis coloring pages

Sunday's Watchtower Study!!!!!

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

You know, they used to say that the Washtowel was written in such a way as to expand our vocabularies and improve our grammar. Remember that early video where it showed the two older sisters at Bethel discussing grammar? "Yes, that is an interesting verb."

Now they're dumbing it down. Obviously going after ESL types. Sheesh! It's like putting lipstick on a pig.

http://scottleblog.wordpress.com

The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses

• sacolton
    sacolton

I liked how JW mom was cooking at the stove and holding a baby at the same time. The ideal JW woman!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit