First Post

by mtwtf 12 Replies latest jw friends

• mtwtf
    mtwtf

Hi.

As a lurker I’ve watched this site for >2 years and agonized over whether to join-in or keep my anonymity. Now I’m trying to do both; join-in with specific posts; remain anonymous by keeping my personal details to myself. I guess some will berate me for this. Also, some will say I’m too pro-wts, others that I’m too anti-wts. However, I hope, maybe in vain, to remain focused on the subject at hand rather than a personal agenda.

My Venting

I’m speaking out now because it’s impossible to voice an opinion or ventilate feelings within the wts. Herds of elephants may be in the room, but their presence cannot be acknowledged. The blackout on honest, conscience driven speech extends from the top down to every dub. There are so many the things dubs want to say to the wts, but cannot. Speaking to COs or writing a letter to the BO never seems to go much farther than that. Nothing seems to penetrate.

One remedy: send the upper hierarchy of the wts back to their roots – everyone take an enforced sabbatical. One year’s leave from their positions could refresh them no end. If they would spend 12 months as lowly dubs in nondescript congregations, they might begin to see how boring and useless meetings can be; how pointless field service has become; how insincere many servants are. A year spent this way should change them, but would it?

Regardless of that, there are bigger issues. Since the wts was built on the foundation stone of chronology – the equivalence of a doctrinal geological fault line, there are inevitable tremors. The wts cannot control shifts in the understanding of the dates and times which constitute the tectonic plates on which it stands. Tectonic plate movements irreversibly realign overhead structures. After the coming realignment can the wts be any different from BG?

Just now it seems, (to use a familiar term) Mama is going through change of life and doesn’t want to talk about it. Any mention of cracks surfacing in her doctrines, causes acute embarrassment. Cryptic admission of cracks and forced realignments, historically come only after a regime change and even then, grudgingly. Is there any sympathy? Hardly! As neglected children living on a “non-fattening” diet of spiritual gruel and drivel, dubs are the ones in need of sympathy!

Back again. At this stage, I don’t plan to be a regular poster. Things might change, but my intention at the moment is simply to air my feelings about a few things that I see as wts flaws.

Thanks for your patience.

mtwtf (Think daze)

• karter
    karter

Welcome and look foward to hearing more from you.

karter.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Welcome to jen. I will look forward to reading your posts in the future. I do warn you...this site can be habit forming.

• flipper
    flipper

MTWTF- Very well expressed by you. Welcome to the board ! You bring out really good points. The WT leaders would never spend 12 months doing what lowly " rank & file " publishers do - because they aren't lowly or " humble ". It wouldn't work. WT leaders want and desire to consolidate their power and control over 7 million Witnesses for the sake of money and egos. Look forward to hearing more from you ! Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Welcome. I sincerely hope no one berates you. You are entitled to divulge as much or as little as you please. That is YOUR decision and no one elses

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

This seems to be a duplicate thread. . . . I remember commenting on the "elephants" a couple days ago

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "I’m speaking out now because it’s impossible to voice an opinion or ventilate feelings within the wts. Herds of elephants may be in the room, but their presence cannot be acknowledged. The blackout on honest, conscience driven speech extends from the top down to every dub. There are so many the things dubs want to say to the wts, but cannot. Speaking to COs or writing a letter to the BO never seems to go much farther than that. Nothing seems to penetrate. ..." Opening Post

And your 'gut' isn't telling you something, based on this description????

"Since the wts was built on the foundation stone of chronology – the equivalence of a doctrinal geological fault line, there are inevitable tremors. The wts cannot control shifts in the understanding of the dates and times which constitute the tectonic plates on which it stands. Tectonic plate movements irreversibly realign overhead structures. ..." Also opening post

Well, at least you're displaying some interest in real science...

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

BOC- Yes,it is.

• TOTH
    TOTH

Welcome to the group!

• sizemik
    sizemik
    Since the wts was built on the foundation stone of chronology – the equivalence of a doctrinal geological fault line, there are inevitable tremors.

Nice analogy . . . welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit