do you remember the Last assembly you attended?

by crystlew123 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

yes shirleyw, That was a long time ago. It seemed like the good old days, but I was part of the mind control. I am so happy my kids have nothing to do with that religion anymore. My kids are all grown up now.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

For a long time today the only last assembly I could remember attending was the one when I was still DF'd. I knew I must have attended others, I just could not recall.

Now a few have come back, but they kind of blur.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

D.C 2006 Can't remember a thing about the content, but then ask me the day after and I would have been hard pressed, just remeber the deep feeling of depression it brought on.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Yes. It was 2008 in Gran Canaria.

Flights, accommodation etc. meant asemblies cost me upward of €600 for each one.

The last one was a disaster because the venue did not allow food to be eaten on the premises so my children and I had to eat our sandwiche sat in our finery on the dusty pavement with traffic driving past.

I remember thinking then, why didn't Jehovah make sure I was able to earn enough not to be the only one who couldn't afford to eat somewhere nice.

It was only my last one because I could no longer afford the flights and Hotels.

I totally blamed myself for being useless and inadequate.

My youngest went to one more after me because she had a part on the platform so some bros and sisters paid for her to go. They very kindly videod it for me to see she got back home.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

The last assembly I attended (district) was all about "godly obedience" which really meant unwavering obedience to the elders. I think it was in 2005. Only reason I went was because of my father, and it was excruciating.

Bonnie

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It was August 10, 2001. I went to the first day of the Grand Boasting Session (out of three). The damn thing was in town, so I simply took a bus to the arena. I brought a portable tape player with a tape (that was before mini discs allowing 5 hours per disc were mainstream, or MP3 players allowing 10,000 songs to be stored). That tape had then-current songs including filthy rap, and I played it during the program. I hid the player in my bag and ran the wire up under my shirt, making detection that much more difficult.

As for the program, it was the same old crap that has been so prevalent for the whole period I have been attending those things. You seen 'em one, you seen 'em all, and especially since Jehovah wanted me to just meet other men, wiping out anything of interest that I might have gotten from these wastefests.

Now, to hope Jehovah doesn't hold me as bound to my dedication made in the late 1980s and revoked (at least on the physical and emotional levels) in or around 2005. It would take only for that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag to hold me as bound to that dedication on the astral, and it's only a matter of time before it manifests in reality plus blocking out any helpful Demons from doing me any good. It also nullifies anything else--since the dedication reached the astral because of all the prayers. Even though I am currently doing nothing for Jehovah and attempting to connect instead with Father Satan, and not abiding by any of Jehovah's rules, if that dedication remains on the astral, I still need to watch for the Great Recapture or some stupid legal notice that my dedication constitutes a legally binding contract. At least here, I will know what rubbish to expect when that happens.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Felt like a spy in a foreign land that I once knew well. I felt so sorry for the kids so much. While waiting for program to start a gal sitting behind me, she had a couple kids, said she was in the"truth" just a couple years,,had been difficult,,she asked me how long I was"in",, briefly stated my parents became witnesses when I was a child. She then stated how wonderful, and she stated that it must get 'easier' in time. I sweetly informed her that it 'really gets harder.' Couldn't help myself. Poor gal.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

DC, back in 2005. I remember sitting there, thinking, I can't endure another one of these. I spent almost the whole time plotting my exit.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Hmmm... let's see... it must've been around the fall of 1983 or so. A Circuit Assembly. I usually helped out back stage with the sound dept.

I guess I had neglected to get a haircut in a while, and my hair had gotten a bit longer than usual. I went and adjusted the mic for one of the speakers.

A few minutes later, the head of the sound dept pulled me aside and told me that he was told (by the C.O.) that my hair was too long and I couldn't work there that assembly. I knew the fella, and I knew it hurt him inside, but he had to relay the message.

So, I had to 'sit out' the assembly in the audience. Very boring.

Yup... last assembly.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Nowman
    Nowman

It would have been the summer of 1992, it was either Sportsman or Hawthorne race track in Chicago. Holy cow, I ve been out for 20 years!!!

Nikki

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit