My husband found my Crisis of Conscience book

by noidea 21 Replies latest jw friends

• noidea
    noidea

A little background is that I stopped going to the meetings 7 months ago. My husband is and has been inactive for many years but still feels that even though there are many things wrong with the org.. that they are the True Religion.
    OK, so what was my reaction when my husband came out of our room and asked:

"What is this Crisis of Conscience book ?" ..*duh! as if he didn't know*
    I said, "It's very interesting reading."
    His reply was: "This is an Apostate book"
    So just what did I do then?

With my innocent eyes <G> I looked at him and my reaction was..
    <gasp>....*hand to forehead..."say it isn't so"

OK, so that got me called a smarta$$..I never claimed I wasn't

Who says fireworks are just for the 4th of July

I'm going to LMAO if he says that I can't keep it in the house. I wonder if now would be a good time to show him that I also have a copy of "In Search Of Christian Freedom"

Gee, Wally I hope I don't get grounded over this.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

LOL@ Noidea, I am sooooooooooooo glad I never married a "brother".

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • Hmmm
    Hmmm

"What is this Crisis of Conscience book?"

"I have noidea"

Hmmm

• Imbue
    Imbue

noi,
    this has been edited: sometimes I talk to much lol

Crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• Solace
    Solace

noidea,
    You should have painted the cover brown and told him it was a bound volume, Then had him read it to you.
    The one thing you have on your side is, you are the one sleeping with him right? If you cant get through to him, nobody could.

Lilacs,
    Im also glad I didnt marry a bro.
    If that were the case, I would probably be in an institution by now.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Hmmm:
    LOL

Lilacs:
    I'm so glad I never married a brother, too!!!
    LOL

Noi:
    The question is, will he read it?

• noidea
    noidea

Lilacs..LOL..Amen, sister..

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    ..<g> you know I love doing that

I had a hard time keeping a straight face with what I said..I wasn't even going to say anything withnoidea in it..I would have cracked up. Too bad he didn't think it was funny...sigh I'm doomed for sure now.

Imbue Just hang in there..at least you got your wake up call. Just remember labels are for clothing.

Heaven ROFLMAO...I love that idea of the book cover!! Maybe Imbue can use that one. As far as getting through..that will only happen if he wants and allows himself to be reached. lol..kind of like when we use to say.."Make the truth your own"..

Little Toe ..Will he read it? I have Noidea

• Beans
    Beans

Wow,put it in your pants along with the converter and see if he goes for it!

Beans

• Xander
    Xander

Don't know if it will help, but the argument that first got me questioning the borg - the very first crack I felt in my loyalty - dealt with this issue.

Their policy - 'Do not read apostate literature, or it will poison your mind'. (Actually: "Our safety lies in avoiding apostate propaganda as though it were poison, which in fact it is. --w92 7/15 p13" among others)

Interestingly enough, their argument sees quite a bit of support in the scriptures. Guess the early christians knew how dangerous to their teachings it was for someone to actually look into them.

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana
  • Xander
    Xander

Guess I'd better explain that further....

Someone on this board has a quote in their .sig -- IIRC 'The truth cannot be hurt by a lie, but a lie can be exposed by the truth'.

So, if we really had the truth, what could reading apostate literature REALLY hurt? If we had the truth, the worst that could happen is we could see the transparent attempts at someone to discredit our religion, and it would enforce our faith. IF we had the truth.

If, on the other hand, we DIDN'T have the truth, then reading outside literature would be very dangerous to our religion, and should be discouraged.

Now, anyone recall what the society's policy is on reading outside literature? Hmmmm....thought so....

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit