Those Whom the Gods Would Destroy

by metatron 14 Replies latest jw friends

• bigboi
    bigboi

That was one thing that surprised me as i got futher along in my sudies and I got to know more ppl in the 'truth'. I was surprised how many ppl were on medications and those that suffered from schizophrenia, chronic fatigue syndrome and the like.

I think Simon is right. It is a very stressful religion. Besides all the stuff they actually require u to do at he hall itself. U have these other rules and pretenses to comply with. For example, working is something everybody has to do. However, to be successful u have find someway to advance career-wise as it is impossible to make a living with entry-level pay anywhere nowadays. However, the average dub is discouraged from even thinking that his work is his career (preaching the wts version of the good news is his career), so career advancement is out of the question. So u end up stuck in a dead end job or turning down opportunities that could benefit your family because of following the advice of someone who lives on donations given by you or coaxed out of strangers by u on some god forsaken day in some god forsaken neighborhood for some god forsaken magazine written by god knows who.

ONE....

bigboi

• singsongboi
    singsongboi

u r right too, bigboi.

on the surface it is calm, but underneath--different story.

a medical doctor who came into the truth in the west of sydney, made exactly that comment... on the surface calm, but he was surprised how many mentally and emotionally disturbed people there were in the congs.

eventually, he had to leave sydney, becasue of people chasing him for consultations.

of course, to publically express your disturbance or upset condition, leaves you open to a charge of spiritual sicknes. so, at all costs, the r & f must appear normal in the cong.

so sad!

• yumbby
    yumbby

Hi Dakota, I was really moved by your post, and can only hope that you can find peace and maybe they will soon leave you alone. Its hard to respect witnesses who preach peace and love, but in their own households torture one another.

• Black Man
    Black Man

up.......

• You Know
    You Know

If anything Satan is driving weak-minded X Dubs psycho. No doubt we will see a lot more of this type of thing going forward. / You Know

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit