Just As In the Days of Noah

by Farkel 140 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Faithful2Jah
    Faithful2Jah

AC: Do you think the dove and the olive branch may have been just symbolic props, so to speak, in a production that was entirely staged to point to Jesus Christ and the work he would do for our salvation? The dove and the olive branch symbolizing the "Prince of Peace" pointing to the time a dove would descend upon Jesus at his baptism. Flood = baptism? Just a thought.

• JosephAlward
    JosephAlward

aChristian, I'll respond to your comments in the other thread. This one is off-screen and I would rather others besides the handful of us who are stilling paying attention to this thread to benefit from our comments. I will give them the address of this thread so they might read everything that has been said.

Joseph F. Alward
    "Skeptical Views of Christianity and the Bible"

http://members.aol.com/jalw/joseph_alward.html

• aChristian
    aChristian

Joseph,

What do you mean it is off screen? It comes to the top of the screen anytime it is posted to. I always view this board in its "active" mode by hitting the "active" button at the top. I think that is the most common way to view the board. As I told you I have a policy not to patronize threads which you start just to bash the Bible. If you want to carry on this conversation we can do so in this thread.

Faithful,

Your comment about the Dove, the olive branch and Noah all being "staged" by God to picture Christ at his baptism and our own salvations through baptism may be dead on.

If you want to argue with Joe in another thread be my guest. As I told him, I boycott threads started by known Bible bashers. His "off screen" excuse makes no sense to me.

• JosephAlward
    JosephAlward

I didn't know about the "active" mode; it seems to be great option.

Joseph F. Alward

• Faithful2Jah
    Faithful2Jah

Joe: It was I, not KJV, who said I am staying out of the discussion in the thread you created on this same subject. When I said it I meant I agreed with AC that I am now not going to post to a thread started by "Bible bashers". Besides if AC is not posting in that thread it may be kinda slow. cuz few here are participating in this discussion.

Maybe I'm a little slow tonight but I didn't understand why you say Noah had to know the flood was local? That the boat was not big enough for millions would only mean he would have had to know it was local if he knew there were millions living in lands outside his own and if he knew that God was having him build the ark to be big enough to save everyone in the areas being flooded. But he may not have known either of those things.

A mere 50 years ago there were tribes of people in South America who had lived there forever who were totally unaware of the existence of any other groups of people, even though hundreds of thousands of other people had been living only 30 or 40 miles away from them for generations. Most ancient people never traveled more than a couple miles from home. Without modern means of transportation and communication Noah may not have known of other civilizations outside of Mesopotamia. If he did not he may have thought the flood covered everything there was to be covered and sent the dove out with that in mind.

Or he might have sent the dove out in one direction to see how close he was to the edge of the flood in the direction the dove then flew.

It seems to me there are a lot of possibilities to explain a local flood and Noah sending out the dove.

• JosephAlward
    JosephAlward
    Maybe I'm a little slow tonight but I didn't understand why you say Noah had to know the flood was local?

It would be more appropriate for you to ask this question in the thread in which I made that statement. I won't be around to respond, however, until late Sunday afternoon.

Joseph F. Alward

• GWEEDO
    GWEEDO

You people have got it all wrong. This is how it really happened, as told by the Australian aborigines. trust me, it's all true...

Long, long ago there was a great flood. It originated from the fact of some children who found the 'winking' owl in a tree and plucked out all its feathers. They forced a grass reed through its nose and treated the bird most shamefully. The bird flew without wings, into the heavens and showed himself to Ngowungu, the Great Father. Ngowungu became very angry and decided to drown the people.

Later the people saw a small cloud rising which grew bigger and bigger till it spread all over the sky. The thunder began to roll and crash and the people were greatly afraid.

With the rain and thunder was a terrible wind which broke great limbs off trees and rooted up others. During this terrible storm there was a noise above the awful crashes of thunder. This noise was coming from the north. The salt water, the sea, came pouring over the ranges from the north. The flood rose higher and higher till all the land was covered except the tops of two or three mountains.

From further west a man and his wives with a dog were battling their way in a canoe when a bird with a leaf in its mouth flew in front of them showing them the way to Mt. Broome. They eventually reached Mt. Broome and landed there where some other survivors were.

Then Djabalgari, the great left-handed man incised his little finger and let the blood trickle down into the flood waters. The waters began to go down and eventually disappeared off the country. All other people were drowned.

• Faithful2Jah
    Faithful2Jah

JOE SAYS>>>>>>>>>It would be more appropriate for you to ask this question in the thread in which I made that statment. I won't be around to respond, however, until late Sunday afternoon

Like I told you, I'm with AC on this one. I wont be posting to any thread started by a Bible basher. In fact I'm going one better. I'm not responding to anything written by a Bible basher in any thread. Bible believers have dismantled every argument you have made here so far. AC showed your Psalms argument was junk. Now your latest one on the dove has been shown to be just as bad. None of your constant attacks are ever found after close examination to have any merit. So why bother responding to them? I think we should all just ignore all of your posts.

• GWEEDO
    GWEEDO
    Like I told you, I'm with AC on this one. I wont be posting to any thread started by a Bible basher.

See the difference with between you and JA is that he can actually make a cogent argument. Since you obviously cant discredit his stuff....you just label him a 'bible basher' inorder to avoid dealing with his arguments. Of which many are extremely strong...as Farkel said already. And since you so obviously want to believe, you willing to see past the fact that AC's arguments rely on wild speculation. Go down to the space.com thread of his and read his exchange between AF, if you dont believe me.

In fact I'm going one better. I'm not responding to anything written by a Bible basher in any thread.
    Oh no...what are we going to do...

Bible believers have dismantled every argument you have made here so far.
    Keep telling yourself that and you'll eventually believe it.

AC showed your Psalms argument was junk.
    It may be speculative. But it is fairly good speculatation. A lot tighter than the arguments you guys indulge in. Wanna call it junk...you better call the local flood theory junk first.

None of your constant attacks are ever found after close examination to have any merit.
    yeah keep telling yourself that.

So why bother responding to them? I think we should all just ignore all of your posts.
    ignore reasoned argument...good idea!
  • Faithful2Jah
    Faithful2Jah

Gweedo: Talk about wild speculation. What was that mess that Joseph just dished up? Saying that Psalms 104:5-9 refers to the flood when all cross ref bibles and commentaries - even fundy ones and JW ones - I looked at several just to make sure - all say it refers to Gen. 1:2,9,10. If those verses refer to a global flood why don't Bible believers who believe in a global flood use them to prove it. cause any fool can see they dont. They say right up front that they are referring to things that happend when God laid the foundations of the earth.

Mean Joe does more speculatin with all his out in left field attacks on the Bible than anyone on this DB. Ever read some of his other stuff here? Most of it is junk. He is so blinded by hate that he cant think straight. I've had an open mind on some of this stuff. But some of his stuff has been so bad I've told him "some of your stuff is good but a lot is bad - choose you battles wisely". But he wont. He attacks everything and anything that has anything to do with god or the Bible. and he makes himself look dumb doing so. Others tell him the same. Even farkel's review of the quality of his stuff here was not exactly enthusiastic. Hah!

Oh, and how bout those stupid Bible writers of Genesis and Psalms? Saying that the whole world was covered with water in the beginning and that God made dry ground appear by commanding the water to run off the land into seas. How do you think fools like them ever dreamed up an idea like that? I'll give you three clues. G O D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit