Divine Name in the First Century

by freemindfade 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath
    as hebrew is read from right to left ----i.e backwards----shouldnt god be called huwie ?
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

Kids, I am not debating where the name actually came from, we all know this. It's just a thought of mine that your average JW has never considered how gods name was used in the first century.

In the witness mind they know that the Hebrews at some point mentioned the name, in the witness mind its Jehovah (yes we all know it wasn't). But asking them this question about the first century might be a interesting way to opening up a conversation about the actual origin of the name without coming across as apostate and having them run to the hills

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    I believe the word elohim is correct in its use in a lot of cases in the Bible meaning God's because the Israelites were not monotheistic. But when they were talking or writing in a monotheistic way they did always agree which God they were talking about. When Hezikiah wanted to reform the Jewish nation he had the scribes create the book of dueteronomy and then pushed for the worship of just one God. It's hard to know based on just 3_4 letters what his name was but the written evidence and the archeological evidence paints a pretty clear picture of what God they worshiped.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The accepted name for God in the modern world is Jehovah.....Mad Irishman

So because a name is wrong but accepted..... it`s OK?..

Would you be just as protective and accepting if the Name was..

.Image result for Pig pen LogoImage result for god logo

,,...........,,,,,,http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/pig-sty-5335332.jpg

.......... .Image result for Pig pen Logo

...Image result for Word witnesses..Image result for jehovahs witnesses

• FuzzyPaul
    FuzzyPaul

Someone here in JW.net pointed out that the Hebrew word "hovah" means DOOM, CALAMITY, see Strong's on this. For all the WT's fake scholarship to get kept real seeming requires constant reinforcement and deriding contradiction. Hatred of non-"Jehovah" translations and readers from Traditional Christianity has always been promoted. They have called overly-cautious Jews "superstitious". It is one of the 10 Commandments that God's name is to be sacred. After watching their children being spiked on spears by the Babylonians, Jeremiah warned the Jews to keep the Sabbath, they took keeping the Sabbath and other commandments much more seriously. Wouldn't you?

Notice that "The truth" editors prefer a denouncement of YHVH using a pronunciation as part of their version of the Doomed World Doctrine of Destruction by "Je- DOOM" God?

A dooms-day prophet's rag journal announcing Ya-DOOM's KINGDOM. Watchout!

• FuzzyPaul
    FuzzyPaul

AND, if a Greek reader read the letters as written in the (right to left) Hebrew, left to right, the appearance of those Hebrew letters gives the pronunciation " PeePee " ! I think the Rabbi Saul and Levite Matthew and the others would not prefer the name of God pronounced " PeePee " and wouldn't use it. Jesus said, in John's gospel that the Father gave him (Jesus) His (The Father's) name.

Calling Jesus his given Hebrew name Yeshuah literally meant calling him "Saviour". He is what his name says he is and adding YHVH to his name adds another layer to the meaning.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/253299/another-dishonest-quote-from-christs-brothers

"JEHOVAH" is a brand name used as part of Rutherfraud's rebranding of the IBSA. No one else had launched a publishing company using "JEHOVAH" yet. So the "name" was available. That's all there is to it.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit