Jesus invisible presence in 1914, what purpose did it serve?

by jam 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Jesus invisible presence in 1914, what purpose did it serve?

This is so simple. The "purpose" is invisible, dummy! It is illogical that an invisible presence could have a visible result.

Farkel

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Jesus invisible presence in 1914, what purpose did it serve?

When I was a Witness I may have answered that the remnant were restored to their spiritual estate.

In Isaiah 11 verse 10 it tells of the "root of Jesse that will be standing up as a signal for the peoples. To him even the nations will turn inquiringly,.. And he will certainly raise up a signal for the nations and gather the dispersed ones of Israel, and the scattered ones of Judah he will collect together from the four extremities of the earth." (NWT)

In Matthew 24:30,31 "And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and them all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in lamentation,... And he will send forth his angels with a great trumpet sound, and they will gather his chosen ones together from the four winds, from one extremity of the heavens to their other extremity."(NWT)

I think Paul tells us that the root of Jesse is Jesus Christ in Romans. So this preaching of the "good news of the Kingdom" was tied I believe to the gathering of the chosen and the great crowd to the mountain of Jehovah where Christ stands as King. This has transforming effect on those gathered so that Isaiah 11: 6-9 has a fulfillment "They will not do any harm or cause any ruin in all my holy mountain..." (NWT) In a spiritual sense.

But I could have been wrong.

• steve2
    steve2

With religion - Christianity in particular - it's all about faith in things unseen. The consequences of faith are so much less difficult to justify when they are intangible, invisible and, um, imaginary. A child who has an intangible, invisible and imaginary friend is considered cute, an adult, psychotic, but Christianity, divine.

Go figure this selectively narrow fascination with sanctioning idiocy...

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

I've already clearly answered this question in detail. But I answered invisibly.

• jam
    jam

Steve 2: Great observation "A child who has an intangible

, invisible and imaginary friend is considered cute, an adult

psychotic, but Christianty, divine." Love it.

Ucantnome: Thanks," the gathering of the chosen and the

great crowd". What,s considered a great crowd by JW,s standard?

When you think of a crowd, to pack or fill too full a Great crowd that,s

another story.

• Black Man
    Black Man

Love the replies in this thread! Yeah, the whole concept of an invisible rulership defeats the concepts of rulership - and that is to be visible. How can you rule over something if you are invisible to it? A rulership that can't be seen??!! It seems like lunacy now, but how powerful the conditioning must be for us to at one have swallowed this BS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit