So, if the r+f get to thinking the door to door is ineffectual

by therevealer 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

HUH?!?

After a wheat stalk sprouts and matures, the fruit it produces is not little wheat stalks, but new seed. So the fruitage that successful Christians produce is, not necessarily new disciples, but the many-fold duplication
    of Kingdom seed-our expressions about the Kingdom.

WTF is this spose' to mean?!?

link

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    That proves, that only JWs have the truth!!
    Let's not talk about the soup kitchens, homeless shelters, hospitals, health clinics,senior citizen communities, nursing homes, etc.. that the churches do and JWs don't- nope, let's just pretend we didn't notice that charity is everyplace, but in the KH.

WTF are you talking about? I have never proclaimed that the JWs have the truth. You obviously didn't understand the context of what I wrote.

• steve2
    steve2

That's why the Watchtower has a tricky path to navigate whenever it hails the success of its website. If - as it has claimed in the publications - its official website continues to attract so much traffic and has already resulted in thousands of new requests for Bible Studies, the tired rank and file could conveniently conclude that the net is significantly more effective than the door-to-door work could ever be.

Sometimes people who have trouble putting two and two together regarding the stupidity of their beliefs have no trouble doing so when it comes to the stupidity of door-to-door drudgery.

• hoser
    hoser

"After a wheat stalk sprouts and matures, the
    fruit it produces is not little wheat stalks, but new seed. "

who writes this crap ?

wheat sprouts from a kernel of wheat not a stalk of wheat.

you plant a kernel of wheat and you get many kernels as fruit.

if you plant a stalk of wheat(the straw part) nothing will grow

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "That proves, that only JWs have the truth!!
    Let's not talk about the soup kitchens, homeless shelters, hospitals, health clinics,senior citizen communities, nursing homes, etc.. that the churches do and JWs don't- nope, let's just pretend we didn't notice that charity is everyplace, but in the KH. " Moshe, page 1, comment #8279
    [After quoting Moshe's comments above...] "WTF are you talking about? I have never proclaimed that the JWs have the truth. You obviously didn't understand the context of what I wrote." Keyser Soze, page 1, comment #4827

Huh?????

Keyser, are you just messin' with us, or did you truly not understand that Moshe was speaking sarcastically - using sarcasm as biting humor to illustrate the Watchtower Society's cold-heartedness and hypocrisy??

Or are you two just pretending to fight???

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Keyser, are you just messin' with us, or did you truly not understand that Moshe was speaking sarcastically - using sarcasm as biting humor to illustrate the Watchtower Society's cold-heartedness and hypocrisy??

I assumed he was addressing my comment, which is why his sarcasm was lost on me.

• ziddina
    ziddina

I didn't see it that way, at all.

It looked like Moshe used your comment as a 'springboard' to segue to the Watchtower Society's claim that only THEY are going door-to-door and that is what 'sets them apart' as "god's" people, in their eyes...

And speaking personally...

Big whoop. So they go door-to-door - so what? So the Fuller Brush salesmen and the Avon ladies are 'doing god's will', too????

[edited] Keyser, you understand that I'm just picking up the conversational thread where Moshe left off, right? You're such an established poster, that I wouldn't even consider you to be 'defending' the Watchtower Society's policies... You brought up a point, however - the Watchtower Society's absurd claim that the "door-to-door" work is somehow 'divine', and neither Moshe nor I could resist THAT...

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Better still, I hope they come to the conclusion that donating money to the society is a waste because the money only goes to pay outs over their abuse policy. That's when the society would be in real trouble. Apathy for the ministry they can deal with. People withholding their money would be a different story.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Better still, I hope they come to the conclusion that donating money to the society is a waste because the money only goes to pay outs over their abuse policy. That's when the society would be in real trouble. Apathy for the ministry they can deal with. People withholding their money would be a different story.

Judging by the constant begging and petitioning for money, I think the R&F are already withholding contributions. Probably NOT due to a conscious decision on their part, but I think many are simply apathetic about everything as a result of the continuing failed predictions and the problems they are having to deal with such as old age, failing health, economic hardship, death of loved ones (who were supposed to be among the "Millions. . . . .) All things that the New World was supposed to prevent them having to experience.

Doc

But on page 2 of the second issue of the Watch Tower magazine (Volume 1, Number 2):

" ‘Zion’s Watch Tower’ has, we believe, JEHOVAH for its backer, and while this is the case it will never beg nor petition men for support. When He who says: ‘All the gold and silver of the mountains are mine,’ fails to provide necessary funds, we will understand it to be time to suspend the publication.”

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

D2D is just easier than street work. In D2D you can go a whole day and not talk to anyone but the Dubs in the car. In street work you're talking all day. Even if it's ineffectual the R&F will keep it up.

http://scottleblog.wordpress.com

The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit