So, if the r+f get to thinking the door to door is ineffectual

by therevealer 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• therevealer
    therevealer

because they have been at it for years without producing a new recruit (bearing fruit) this snippet from the november km will/should comfort them.

3 How We Bear Much Fruit: According to Jesus' illustration, those who accept the
    message would "bear fruit." (Matt. 13:23) After a wheat stalk sprouts and matures, the
    fruit it produces is not little wheat stalks, but new seed. So the fruitage that successful
    Christians produce is, not necessarily new disciples, but the many-fold duplication
    of Kingdom seed-our expressions about the Kingdom. This results in much "good"
    from which we can obtain satisfaction, regardless of whether people respond. We are
    contributing to the sanctification of Jehovah's name. (Isa. 43:10-12; Matt. 6:9) We
    are enjoying the privilege of being God's fellow workers. (1 Cor. 3:9) And such "fruit
    of lips" delights Jehovah.-Heb. 13:15, 16.

"So did you start any studies today?" said sister holier than thou. "Nope, but I sure did duplicate lots of Kingdom seeds" said sister I'm just as good as you beotch.

• jgnat
    jgnat

They know already. Lots of dragging feet and extended coffee breaks. I remember one sister who confided that all she was concerned about was her children and hanging on until the end.

• baltar447
    baltar447

MMMMM, spreading the kindgom seed

• Fernando
    Fernando

They would know the Kingdom if it was under their nose, which it is...

(Luke 17:20) . . .“The kingdom of God is not coming with striking observableness. . .

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Of course they know that it is ineffecual. Most of them do not do it to "make disciples" They do it because :

They won't get into the New World if they don't

They like to meet with their friends and go about doing something together.

Some enjoy the challenge of pitting their wits with the house holder

It is all a part of "being in the truth", so in order to be one of the congregation, you have to do it

• therevealer
    therevealer

@baltar . . . naughty boy methinks. Those boys doing the vids for the deaf will NOT be used to provide the message for spreading the kingdom seed methinks, mehopes.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

The effectiveness of it is beside the point. The door-to-door work is what makes them feel unique. It sets them apart from other religions. Sure, other religions preach, and convert people. But JWs are the only ones preaching in this particular way. And the fact that they are doing something no other religion is doing feeds their belief that they are somehow special, chosen by God.

• therevealer
    therevealer

@keyser . . . exactly. AND thus the need for the blurb to keep them at it even if they are becoming disillusioned. Not to worry if you have been at it for twenty years and nada, nuttin. Because if you buy our new little slant on it (maybe not totally new) but a little bit. you can keep at it and feel good. Just as long as we can convince you to keep at it to (as you put it) keep us unique.

Just my thought, but the effectiveness is not beside the point if you are talking about many of the r+f. If you are talking about the control freaks at the top, then yes. At the top they must keep up with the double speak in the effort to control, control and oh yes, did I mention control.

• moshe
    moshe
    It sets them apart from other religions. Sure, other religions preach, and convert people. But JWs are the only ones preaching in this particular way.

That proves, that only JWs have the truth!!

Let's not talk about the soup kitchens, homeless shelters, hospitals, health clinics,senior citizen communities, nursing homes, etc.. that the churches do and JWs don't- nope, let's just pretend we didn't notice that charity is everyplace, but in the KH.

• yknot
    yknot

FS in my area has changed so much since I joined JWN 5 years ago....

Even the assignments are paltry....we were assigned a 'neighborhood' that would normally be a single morning FS job and told to work it no more than 6 weeks!

Sister and I did a tag/bag job (I swapped mags/tracts for makeup catalogs for some friends) ...she and other sister never even got out of the vehicle.

Tomorrow we are going to a movie instead....

We used to totally cover our territory within 3 months....like serious knocking cover.

Now we seem to lolligaggle and only claim to cover by Jan, goof, paper for Memorial and continue goofing through territory until a new season arrives....I was told I was only one of a few who were 'zealous' during our DC campaign (and I dropped those invites off at the recycling center).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit