snake on bedroom floor when I got up this am!

by nuthouse escapee 36 Replies latest jw friends

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

I woke up and nearly put my foot on a 2ft long snake that somehow got up to the 2nd floor. I screamed and ran out of the room and started crying. I HATE SNAKES and am TERRIFIED of them. I am still shaking 6 hrs. later. I spotted it later going down the stairs. I used a stick to bang the steps (screaming & crying)till I got it to go to the bottom of the stairs. I opened the door to the outside and pushed the screen door open with the stick.

I am totally freaked out wondering if there are more in the house. I live in the country and have seen them outdoors which is bad enough.

I called my best friend and she came and we took everything out from under the bed and she took everything off the floor in the closet. I have 2 dressers to take out after I get the courage to check the drawers. I don't know if I will be able to sleep tonight. I shoved a towel under the gap of the bedroom door to keep it/them from getting out/in.

I have had a phobia about snakes since I was a kid. Maybe the garden of Eden snake thing has something to do with it. I really don't know. I know this type of snake is not poisonous but I still don't like them. Thx for letting me share. -Leslie-

• Glander
    Glander

I am not particularly scared of snakes, I pick up little garden snakes to show the grandkids. But I am sure if I got out of bed and stepped on a 2 ft specimen I would scream, run and maybe cry! Yikes. Where do you live, roughly speaking?

• james_woods
    james_woods

Was it red-yellow-black or red-black-yellow?

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Get you a mongoose.

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

southern Ontario west of Toronto.

It was a garter snake. I know they're harmless but I hate them. How the hell it got in the bedroom is what bothers me. If one got in, are there more? That's what is eating at me. I just missed stepping on it by 3 inches.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Leslie- Bee molesting and snake invasion!!! What is it with you and Mother Nature? You're obviously pissing her off!!!!

Seriously, YIKES!

So, how do you like living out in the country!!!?

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

Oh Rip, I was liking it here fine despite the bees, but I have a hard enough time dealing with snakes that are outside. I have come across them in the garden and out mowing the fields but at least I'm on a riding mower out in the field. I REALLY DON'T WANT THEM IN THE HOUSE, ESPECIALLY ON THE 2nd FLOOR. Hubby is out truckin' in the US so I am alone. SUCKS!

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Leslie, It's awful, really. I don't care for creepy crawly things, at all!!! And I would be terrified, honestly.

But your conflicts with M.N.makes for some great stories!!!

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

Get a dog, he will take care of em for you! Ever since I got a dog I havent had a single mouse or snake in the house. But I have had a cat make a guest appearance via the dog door!

• Angharad
    Angharad

I would have to move house. I can't stand even seeing snakes on TV

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit