What do you think of Anonymous?

by Cagefighter 22 Replies latest social current

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

I would like to hear from some of the tech-savy members: What do you think of Anonymous. I went all day with no email and half the day with my co. website down b/c they wanted to prove a point with GoDaddy.

I kept up with the guy on twitter @AnonymousOwn3r claiming responsibility. It could have been a trick, but he did seem very in control of the situation.

I started watching some of their videos on Youtube. Either these guys are for real or they read too many comic books.

Any thoughts or their ability to actually wreak havoc?

-CF

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

And a one, and a four, and a CHING CHONG POTATO!

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

if those are the guys overloading PS network than screw em.but the ppl leaking gubment intel, well i think that is legit. as a tax payer i would like some accountabillity. but i think i just confused annonymus with assange.

• Diest
    Diest

You cant think something about Anonymous...It is not a person or a cohesive groups. It is like asking what do you think about those quotes written by anonymous?

Overall I think they are a necessary counter balance to corporate and government power. I have to judge actions by a case by case basis.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

OK Diest, then what do you think about them crippling millions of small businesses for the better part of the day by crashing GODADDY?

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

cage fighter. i dont think they target small businesses. not legit businesses anyway. info gathering and other shady "front"businesses, maybe. alls i know is that in my profession, annonymous has never even been a topic of conversation or concern. anyway they need something more than a guy fawkes mask and a youtube video. our biggest concern is the REAL terrorists... UNCLE SAM.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Are you saying I am not a legit biz? I lost real money today.

They took down Godaddy today. EVERYONE that has their website hosted or registered through Godaddy was offline and unable to access email or do anything web related. My email is more important than my phone.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/10/tech/web/go-daddy-outage/index.html

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

cagefighter, no. godaddy has been around for awhile tho i dontknow what they do. when playstation went downn for a month and 1/2 i was pissed. 200 bucks wasted on "socom 4" with the gun and ps move system. it isnt a direct shot at you. but annonymous usually has an agenda. i dont agree with it but what can you do? other than become a hacker which opens a whole other can of worms.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

They took out Godaddy? Hmmm...

Bob Parsons, their CEO, pissed off alot of people last year when he went to Africa and played the role of the Great White Hunter, killing elephants, etc. Then he was clueless enough to take pix standing next to the dead animal and post it:

I remember a pix where the native guides were wearing GoDaddy shirts, too, so the trip may have been a tax-deductible business expense, as if it were advertising for GD?

As stated, there is no "they" to Anon. It's not an organization with a formal structure, but a loose network. It's based on the organizational structure of Al Qaeda, i.e. lossely-connected individual tentacles which may be lopped off, and individuals who may come and go.

EDIT: looks like Anon's official spokesthing is denying any involvement in this (which is odd)... They say it was a lone hacker....

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

I really don't have time to catch you guys up.

Google:

Occupy Wall Street

Anonymous

SOPA

if you need a breifing on what has been going on between Anon and GoDaddy.

I am not going to get into symantics, one of their hacker bastards took down godaddy which took down my website and email deliberately. Godaddy is the Wal-Mart of hosting and domain registers. So the people punished were not Godaddy as much as Bob's Iron Works or Jimmy's Pizza shoppe. No email with clients, no web hosted orders, no customer's looking up our website to find our phone #, no nothing!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit