a guy turned me down for a date

by hungry4life 31 Replies latest jw friends

• hungry4life
    hungry4life

Slipnslidemaster: Ok what exactly would you like me to call you?

Cowboy: You are absolutely right knowing is better than wondering. I am a big whatifer so at least now I know. Thanks for talking to me last night in chat. I had the same problem, I posted a couple of lines and couldn't see them so I hit refresh and it was all down hill from there I was locked out of the entire site for about 45 minutes. I felt bad I didn't want you to think I had flaked on you. Thanks for your support.

Pierced Angel: You are such a sweetheart that was a very nice thing to say and thank your hubby for me too. I hope your right about the scrapbook part. I do feel better after sharing with all of you.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Captain Amazing?

I suppose that I really don't care what you call me just as long as it's at the top of your lungs just as you finish climaxing...

Slipnslidemaster: "Bless your little Irish heart and every other little Irish part.

• Beans
    Beans

Go out with his best friend! Your HOT who cares about him!

Beans

• think41self
    think41self

Well,

All I can say is: The guy has no taste if he turned you down.

think41self

• hungry4life
    hungry4life

alright guys well here goes nothing I am taking boozerunners advice on the 10 guy thing

seriously though I was scanning one of those singles site (match.com) and saw a picture of a guy I used to know. we had never dated but have many old friends in common and I have been to his house on different occasions for bbq's, parties and such. I actually used to have a huge crush on him when I was 18 (he is quite a few years older). anyway I looked him up and emailed him he was glad to hear from me and gave me his number. we talked on the phone all night (9:30pm-2:00 am)it was great he sounds like a wonderful person (haven't seen him in 14 years). we didn't make plans to see each other yet but i'm sure he will call. it felt good to talk to someone where the conversation flowed with ease.
    also an older lady friend of mine (that I really respect)called me earlier this month and wanted me to meet a guy she knows . he will be in town today and she wants me to meet him. their are a few drawbacks to this situation (he is in town as a guest speker at her church) I just don't see myself dating someone that religious (I must admit I do lean towards the corruptive side). However I decide "what the heck" the important thing is just to meet people and get comfortable with the idea of dating again. so here goes nothing

beans and think41self: thanks for your kind comments

slipnslidemaster: did you hear me this morning? (if not I'm sure the neigbors did

• Preston
    Preston

Awwwwwww... Sugarbaby! If I wasn't gay I'd go out with you in a heartbeat! . Seriously, though. It's kinda hard knowing what a guy is going through at times (believe me, I outta know). At one point in my life I rejected someone that I felt strongly attracted too primarily becuase of some pretty nasty external matters. I thought I did the right thing because I didn't want him to be affected by it. We're good friends still.

Anywho, I hope you'll find someone special in the future, you seem to have soooooo much that my heterosexual brtheren would find attractive (smarts, looks, diva-like attitude). Tell me how things work out.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Oh Preston, you've been gay way too long.

THESE are the qualifications...

smarts, looks, vagina...

Slipnslidemaster: "Bless your little Irish heart and every other little Irish part.

• hungry4life
    hungry4life

Latest Date Update: Well I went to my friends church on Sunday, then she invited me over for dinner afterwards. I had a really great time the guy she was talking about was there and he was absolutely yummy. Great personality, sharp dresser,well spoken and intelligent the whole package. Drawback, again he is REALLY religious,I am sure the women at his church are already beating each other up over him and frankly I am sure his interest would wane quickly once he finds out what a little heathen I am LOL.
    As for the other situation, he invited me over to see his place on Sunday afternoon (yes I had a busy Sunday) he has a gorgeous victorian home that he has been working on for 14 years. I stayed for about an hour and we had a nice conversation, still catching up on old times. He was a perfect gentleman. I spoke to him last night (he emailed me I called him back). Now I am pretty sure that he gets the not so subtle hint that I am interested, I am going to back off and see if he calls to ask me out. I am pretty assertive but hate to throw myself at him. SYN I am taking your advice (the hard to get part not the naked with beer). So it's wait and see....... The drawback: He just got out of a 5 year relationship (never married no kids) and even though I believe that he was ready to move on, I can still see that he is still trying to adjust. Then again he did post his ad on that singles site so he must think he is ready to date. Well the saga will continue .........

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Pound him.

Slipnslidemaster: "Easter so longed for is gone in a day."
    - James Howell

• hungry4life
    hungry4life

Date Update: He invited me to the Kings / Lakers game on Sunday.

I beleive in life before death

(edited to add an n to ivited)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit