Hooray- I have a pickup truck again!!

by moshe 16 Replies latest jw friends

• ziddina
    ziddina

Congratulations...

Do you consider 18 - 19 mpg to be good gas mileage for a smallish truck??

Zid - who used to own a Honda Accord Hatchback that would do 375 - 425 miles on 14 gallons of gas...

That's around 26 mpg, I think

• moshe
    moshe

I believe this truck was on a company maintenance schedule. The glove box is full of receipts for work done-- it appears that whenever it had a funny noise the boss man took it in for service. I have put 1000 miles on it an only used 1/2 quart of oil so far. There are quite a few vehicles on youtube with over 500,000 miles on them

• eazy
    eazy

You never realize how many friends you have until you own a truck. You'll be a popular fella whenever somwone moves/needs to pick up a fridge etc!

Congrats, that's a good looking truck. I'm driving a 2000 Volvo with 244,000 on the odo. Runs and drives like a dream.

• moshe
    moshe

Zid, I know, 18mpg would be no good for a commuter vehicle. We have a Prius and a Fiat 500 in the garage, which one gets driven the most? The Fiat- it's a blast to drive- about 33 mpg mixed driving. We call the Prius our appliance car- any trip over 15 miles and for vacations, we take the Prius- for errands and fighting for a parking space at Walmart, the Fiat, hands down.

• moshe
    moshe
    You never realize how many friends you have until you own a truck

You know what else brings out the buddies? a small backhoe- I owned a Ford 4000 tractor with a loader/backhoe on it 25 years ago and I was getting calls all the time- hey Moshe, ol buddy, can I borrow you backhoe for a few hours this weekend?

• eazy
    eazy

I can only imagine!

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

That looks sweet Moshe!

After i killed my 25 year old tray top 'pick up' 3 weeks ago i bought my very first brand spankin new vehicle, a 'ute' as we call em here, fresh with just 24 km on the odometer.

after years of driving high mileage rust buckets its a joy every time i hop in it!

oh and it is amazing how much you use them once you get em eh?!

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit