JW's , Star Trek V and pain.

by DATA-DOG 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Nope. There are things I'd love to have excised from my memory. I had to kill a cat once and I love cats. There are other things I hope I can get excised in the resurrection.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I love that quote Miss jones!!! Thanks! Life is what it is.. We can move on and help others or we can live in the past and second-guess ourselves the rest of our lives. It is good to have empathy for others too. This is a tough one for me. I have been humbled by many of my experiences, even though some were very painful. I woke up because of them....

• jgnat
    jgnat

I think that anyone who has been in heavy combat, as thrilling as the experience is, has no great love to return there.

I don't welcome pain. I don't wish it on anyone.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

This is one of my favorite scenes from Star Trek. ST V could have been the best of the series except for budget cuts that hampered the ending. I'm glad you brought the subject up even if just to reminisce.

I Need My Pain

"God's" Pain

The Score from the confrontation with God

He Has His Doubts

What Does God Need With a Starship?

I think this God is named "GB." He lives on the planet Brooklyn.

• sd-7
    sd-7

A great Sith Lord once said, "Life is pain. Birth is pain. Death is pain. Love is pain. Hate is pain. The sunshine burns us, and the rain drowns us. All is pain. And pain...is all. Accept pain, and you accept the truth. Accept the truth, and you accept pain."

You cannot have existence such as ours and defy pain and its effects on our decisions. It resides with us as a teacher and as a tormentor. We can learn from it, endure it, or both. Either way, its potential to make us stronger outweighs the damage it does in many cases. Failing to accept it, I think, can be disastrous. Pain in the body, of course, is another matter entirely. It, too, can teach, but more often is a tormentor; it, too, offers a chance to learn endurance and rethink our decisions.

So...I'll take pain. Also, Star Trek V was a pretty good film. Realizing that God doesn't need a starship was a huge step in the right direction for me.

--sd-7

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Most of that is true except death. Death is many times a release. Death can be painful for those of us who lose others, but many times even then it can be a blessing. The scriptures speak of those in the last days who would seek death but not find it. And many who suffer Near Death Experiences say that once they experience death, they'll never fear it again.

Taxes are painful, political conventions are painful, bum prosates can be painful, and most of all, kidney stones can be painful.

I don't know how many meeting JWs have each week, but I've heard they can be painful.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hubby is a master of weird conversation starters. He's been tormenting the locals here in Canada who they are going to vote for in the upcoming election. The best response I've heard so far is:

"I gotta choose between a headache and a toothache."

• Blind_Of_Lies
    Blind_Of_Lies

Kirk's pain was caused from his son being killed by the Klingons

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit