Disturbing WT quotes

by Christ Alone 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

But You are quoting one from 1900. The WT CD certainly doesn´t go back that far. See when I was active and apostates did this....I thought they were making it up. Unless they posted an actual scan from the magazine it is all hearsay. The witness mind will not accept it. It was ONLY after I saw REAL scans then the veil could be lifted. I just think it would help your cause to post them. I will look for the 1900 one on JWfacts. If I cannot find it then....

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

This is a quote from June 15, 2012 WT study edition pg 28 par 11. Here the WT is criticizing worldly advice, saying that it is forever changing:

‘Humans, on the other hand, are simply not wise enough to recommend what always works. Their advice is constantly being revised and updated as they come to realize that earlier advice was flawed.’ (revised and updated-as though WT has the freedom to speak)

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

This quote comes from July 15, 2012 WT study edition pg 8 par 5:

‘Unlike the law codes of many countries, “the perfect law” is neither complex nor burdensome but consists of simple commandments and basic principles…….Additionally, “the perfect law” has no need for a long list of sanctions, or penalties….’ (once again the WT lacks the freedom to speak)

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

This quote is also from July 15, 2012 WT study edition pg 12 par 1:

‘Jehovah is the only Person with absolute freedom. Yet, he never misuses it; nor does he monopolize freedom by micromanage his servants’ (WT has yet a lot to learn about freedom of worship)

This quote from July 15, 2012 WT study edition pg 22 par 1:

‘Why do we give freely of our time and energy while many are experiencing economic reversals?’ (Yah, like JWs are so generous! I’d like to see the list of charitable organizations WT supports)

• Black Man
    Black Man

Great thread! This goes up!

• EnlightenedEphesian
    EnlightenedEphesian

This was one of the last meetings I attended:

Nov 15, 2009 Watchtower

"What Do Your Prayers Say About You"

Counsel to married christians on how they should/should not touch during prayer at the meeting:

"Some marriage mates might discreetly hold hands, but if they embraced each other during public prayer, those who got a glimpse of such conduct might be stumbled. They might think or get the impression that the couple was focusing on their romantic relationship instead of reverence for Jehovah. Out of deep respect for him, let us therefore "do all things for God's glory" and avoid conduct that could distract, shock or stumble anyone."

My husband and I always put our arms around each other, while standing facing the speaker. I felt it was a sign that we were united in our worship of Jehovah together. I was deeply disturbed that counsel was given to couples to avoid this kind of behavior rather than counsel those in attendance to keep their focus on the prayer itself rather than what other couples may or may not be doing during the prayer. Just another indication of how far WTBTS has gone in their RULES.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

marking . .

• HelpMeBelieve
    HelpMeBelieve

Stroking the babies genitals still takes place in Middle Eastern and African countries.

"Thighing" is even more evil, the Watchtower qoutes are strange but if they can shine some light on the strange sex practices and unhealthy touching of children, let them do it!

What is "Thighing"? It's some sick sht!

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

Thinking of how they justify the obvious mental trauma and sadness they cause people..

and also how a witness will deny the practice of shunning to a newly interested one, this one made me really angry..

17 Consider just one example of the good that can come when a family loyally upholds Jehovah’s decree not to associate with disfellowshipped relatives. A young man had been disfellowshipped for over ten years, during which time his father, mother, and four brothers “quit mixing in company” with him. At times, he tried to involve himself in their activities, but to their credit, each member of the family was steadfast in not having any contact with him. After he was reinstated, he said that he always missed the association with his family, especially at night when he was alone. But, he admitted, had the family associated with him even a little, that small dose would have satisfied him. However, because he did not receive even the slightest communication from any of his family, the burning desire to be with them became one motivating factor in his restoring his relationship with Jehovah. Think of that if you are ever tempted to violate God’s command not to associate with your disfellowshipped relatives.

Study WT - April 2012 "Betrayal" - Paragraph 17

makes me wonder did this poor man ever really care about 'his relationship with jehovah'? or did he just miss his family? this paragraph has CULT written all over it.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

This is a shocking quote from the current ‘Jeremiah’ book JWs are currently studying at the ‘Bible Study’ (formerly Book Study) meeting.

Page 49 paragraph 12 talks about how King Jehoiakim took advantage of fellow worshipers to build himself among other things ….’a roomy house’:

‘Let us now consider the example of King Jehoiakim to see how people in Jeremiah’s day might have been molded in matters of daily life. The Law decreed that one “must not defraud a hired laborer,” yet the king did just that, exploiting fellow Israelites by using them as a source of cheap labor to build “a roomy house.” (Deut. 24:14; Jer. 22:13, 14, 17) God tried to mold Jehoiakim by means of His word delivered by the prophets. Yet, the king followed the inclination of his treacherous heart. He said, “I shall not obey” and held to the way he had taken from his youth on. Thus, God said: “With the burial of a he-ass [Jehoiakim] will be buried, with a dragging about and a throwing away.”’ (Jer. 22:19, 21)

Reminds me of how today WT exploits fellow worshipers not only in building kingdom halls worldwide (labor free) and winds up pocketing the hundreds of millions of dollars from said construction but the GB are currently building ‘a roomy house’ for themselves in Wallkill, NY that will eventually become the living quarters of many if not most of WT heavies. And all of it is from cheap labor; worst yet labor free!

Is it possible that, like Jehoiakim’, the WT GB will also be buried with the burial of a he-ass as a result of exploiting fellow JWs?

What hypocrites!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit