Disturbing WT quotes

by Christ Alone 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

*** The Watchtower April 15, 1900 p. 122 ***

There are probably as many as a hundred colored brethren on the Watch Tower lists, some of them very clear in the truth, and very earnest in its service, financially and otherwise. We have received letters from several of these, who had intended engaging in the volunteer work, expressing surprise that in the call for volunteers in the March 1st issue we restricted the inquiry to white Protestant churches. They rightly realized that we have not the slightest of race prejudice, and that we love the colored brethren with just the same warmth of heart that we love the white, and they queried therefore why such a distinction should be made in the call. The reason is that so far as we are able to judge, colored people have less education than whites - many of them quite insufficient to permit them to profit by such reading as we have to give forth. Our conclusion therefore is based upon the supposition that reading matter distributed to a colored congregation would more than half of it be utterly wasted, and a very small percentage indeed likely to yield good results.

Bangalore

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

*** The Golden Age 1929 May 1 p.502 ***

Thinking people would rather have smallpox than vaccination, because the latter sows the seed of syphilis, cancers, escema, erysipelas, scrofula, consumption, even leprosy and many other loathsome affections. Hence the practice of vaccination is a crime, an outrage and a delusion.

Bangalore

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

OMG Bangalore. What gems! The psychiatrist attitude is still alive and well among JWs.

• Deceived
    Deceived

OMG this thread is fantastic. Love it.

What rock did some of these people who write these things come out from under. What are people thinking when they read these things. I never saw any of this when I was a JW because I rarely read the magazines or literature, it was too boring LOL. I was a witness because I had to be one, forced by my parents and then fear. If I had read that stuff I would have been having some serious doubts a lot sooner than I did.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Here's a great quote. They believed that all enemies of C.T. Russell were to come and WORSHIP him at his feet.

Worship Jesus = NO!!!!

Worship C.T. Russell = YESSSSSS!!!!!

Watchtower, 1/1/1916 p. 377 Charles Taze Russell, thou hast, by the Lord, been crowned a king; and through the everlasting ages they name shall be known amongst the people, and they enemies shall come and worship at thy feet.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

This one isn't disturbing...just...retarded

Consolation, WT 3/4/42 pg 19

A Wise Cat: Probably Demonized

In his book Everyday Miracle Dr. George Eckstein tells of a cat that goes some distance every Monday night to sit on a window sill and watch a bingo game. The cat knows when Monday comes around, knows the time of the bingo game, and on that night always leaves its home at the same hour, 7:45, so as to be on time. It has been followed, and always goes by the same route and sits on the same sill, and when the game is over it comes back home. This is all the more remarkable because its habits on other nights are irregular. Quite likely some deamon is making use of the cat's body.

Along the same lines, note how one demon helped a man to find Jehovah's visible organization!

1967 Yearbook of Jehovah's Witnesses, pg 105

Demons have a real grip on many people. Those who dabble in spiritism and demonism are greatly feared by the people. on one occasion a large crowd was fallowing a man who had a "talking serpent". The serpent gave greetings and spoke in foreign tongues. The man took his serpent into the home of a rich man to perform in front of him. A brother was passing by and, attracted by the commotion, he went to the house to see what was happening. As soon as he entered the room, the serpent stopped talking. The man cried out: "A magician has entered this room; he had better leave or I will bring evil upon him." The brother asked the man: "Is that a serpent or a demon that has spoken?" "Who are you?" replied the man. "I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and I know that since God created animals not one serpent has spoken, with the exception of the one at the beginning in the garden of Eden, who, under the inspiration of Satan the Devil, led Adam and Eve into sinning against God. Therefore, I believe that what you hear speaking is a demon and not the serpent." Offended and seeing that the serpent kept silent, the man left the building. Later, the brother met the man again, and this time he was anxious to have some publications of the Society. Now he regularly reads the Society's publications.

• Emery
    Emery

uneducated yellow journalism at its best.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

"Children are affected by the course of their parents, and parents are warned that their iniquity is visited on their offspring unto the third and fourth generation. (Ex. 20:5, 6) Parents are commanded to instruct their children in God's way, and if in these last days parents refuse to heed the divine instruction and warning they bring destruction upon themselves and their small children at Armageddon. (Deut. 6:6, 7; Eph. 6:4) According to justice God can leave such children dead, for, as Ezekiel showed, all die in their iniquity." Watchtower 1950 Nov 15 p.463 Questions From Readers

"By all the evidences this system of things is hastening to its final confrontation with the God of justice at Armageddon. Parents and children who fail to gain the "mark on their foreheads," that is, an adequate appreciation of God's moral standard, are sure to suffer. Parents will be held accountable for their children, and children will suffer for the failure of their parents ." Watchtower 1968 Feb 1 pp.83-84

"Moreover, the attendance at the Memorial of Jesus Christs death last year indicates that some ten million people who are not Witnesses of Jehovah were sufficiently interested in the good news to attend this important commemoration." Kingdom Ministry 2008 Feb p.6"What will happen to young children at Armageddon? The Bible does not directly answer that question, and we are not the judges. However, the Bible does show that God views the young children of true Christians as "holy." (1 Cor. 7:14) It also reveals that in times past when God destroyed the wicked he likewise destroyed their little ones." Reasoning from the Scriptures pp.47-48

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

DonĀ“t you guys think it would pack more of a punch to see a photocopy of the actual article rather than just quoting it?

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

It would, but so many have already done that and I don't have access to the actual bound volumes anymore. (Those were burned long ago).

So I am left with copying and pasting them here, or trying to find someone that has already uploaded the images. Marvin Shillmer has a TON of clippings. Also there is alot of photcopies on jwfacts.com.

I think most people recognize that photocopying is sort of a dying practice. Almost everything is electronic. If someone wants to verify that the actual words have not been altered by evil apostates, they can easily take out their WT Library CD and verify there. That's why, when I quote, I am sure to give the page and publication of every quote.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit