I thought deaf people couldnt hear...but didnt know they couldnt read!

by cyberjesus 21 Replies latest social humour

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

So after the fiasco of the WTs masturbation video I kept thinking....

Why did they make a video in the first place? Just because deaf people cant hear doesnt mean they can not read.. Deaf people dont need a signed version of a book.. They can read the same version as everyone else.

Just saying.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

cyberjesus, there are alot of deaf people that can't read very well but there are alot of other deaf people that can read very well like me or even better than me. I admit it. I prefer to read than watch the ASL videos, that is just me.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Yeah but if they are going to find the video on the internet they need to be able to read :)

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

well there are some deaf people that do not follow directions very well either, they will need help from time to time.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Ok m lost

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

if they can't navigate the internet, other capable person will play the video for them.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

If the person is gonna go the trouble of finding the video and play it for them... He might as well read it to them.....

If a a person cant read the WT literatrash... And cant hear... How the hell are they gonna brain wash him?

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

well unfortunately there are alots of deaf people that are very gullible and they will believe about anything!

• serein
    serein

For a deaf person to read a book in english is kind of the same as an english speaking person who learned to speak spanish as a second language, but now expected to read a book in spanish to do all his learning. If you want to learn something easier you will read things in your natural language. its not their first language, so a vid would be easier for them. their first language is a combination of hand movements, gestures and expressions and you cant put them on paper.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

many years ago I had a deaf study who couldnt understand the scripture in Revelations, where the Angel of the Abyss came (in the mundane sense of the word) and SEALED it over him for 1000 years.

Eventually we realised he was doing a windy hand movement side to side. A SEA LION!!!

God - he was just a deaf guy without dictionary. Not every deaf person is clever like Helen Keller.

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit