My fade has hit the fan!

by SophieG 39 Replies latest jw friends

• SophieG
    SophieG

Guys! Thanks again for all the love, support and advice you've given me... I wholeheartedly appreciate it!

witness my fury: I read Deborah Layton's book two weeks ago and that quote stuck with me! It is on point!

Jim_tx: I am a bit of a diva, I do everything in 6 inch heels! LOL!

Dreamgolfer: I am keeping that stance... That it's no Jehovah that I has an issue with... It's the control that I'm allergic to.

Sulia: thank you!

Guys I have been pretty quiet all these years... I've been fading for a while... Just finally got busted! I am not the first to fade in my family, however I am the oldest of all the kids and somewhat of a trailblazer. I believe that if I just stay calm as you all suggested, stick to my initial reasons why I'm taking this course, the reaction will temper. I think the biggest issue is why...why...why...!

I feel like deep down they are mentally struggling with what on earth would cause me to could do this! Even though I state why, it's causing them to think deeper. Once the melee calms down, I think they will be okay.

But for me it's the reaction that is most telling! The fact that they have not started asking themselves WHY are they reacting like this. As an outsider...I know why. It's the cultish control that is behind this.

Know that your girl is really strong. I decided walking down this road a long time ago and I knew there would be potholes. Eventually it would have come to a head. It's a new day... And I feel a sense of relief... Now all I have to do is stay quiet and calm.... Everyone is in a timeout...no one is going to talk for a while... They are processing....

I have a funny feeling my younger relatives are going to start paying more attention. I am not the first to go...

Love ya guys!!! I will keep you posted!

• Red Piller
    Red Piller

Good luck, Sophie! I think you will influence your younger relatives. This is a dying org - it won't be able to keep its hooks into people like before....

I admire what you are doing. I'm not faded - And I search for the courage to do something similar.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Hang in there Sophie, I know it's hard. Your family may never understand but you have to do what is best for you. I hope they don't shun you but I am afarid they will. My last cousin, who was not in the org, decided to become a

jw and informed she would start shunning me and I was no longer welcome at her house. OUCH, THAT HURT! It is what it is. Stay strong for yourself.

PHG.

• bafh
    bafh

THIS is exactly why I don't have those kinds of conversations. I either don't talk about it - or talk about being tired, anxious, and/or distracted with my business. I'm not sure I could handle this sort of reaction. I've got a small family, so if this happened, I'd lose everyone. My fade is going surprisingly well, we simply don't talk about it and I'm positive and encouraging to my mom about her spiritual activities - I have no desire to pull her out or change her mind about what she is doing. And my grandparents are very old and should be able to die in peace.

I'm sorry for your hassle, but I appreciate the reminder of what can happen and how good I've got it!

• Glander
    Glander

You know what is right. That is what's important.

Stand firm for what you told your family and let them work it out. Put the ball in their court and get on with your life based on your own honest feelings.

Welcome to freedom from cultdom.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

"They are telling me, that my choices put them in a situation where they may not be able to talk to me!"

That really irritates me! They act like everyone in the world must abide by THEIR cult's rules. And if you choose not to than YOU are the one that is being selfish and terminating the relationship!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

SophieG, knowing that you are not alone can also be reassuring. As 1Peter 5:9 states: “But take your stand……knowing that the same things in the way of sufferings are being accomplished in the entire association of your brothers in the world.”

Wish you well!

• Open mind
    Open mind

Alternate thread title:

"How to go from Fade to FLASH BULB! in one conversation."

Do what's best for you, but remember there's really no taking words back once they're said.

Best regards,

om

• SophieG
    SophieG

Alternate thread title:

"How to go from Fade to FLASH BULB! in one conversation.

Do what's best for you, but remember there's really no taking words back once they're sai

Best regar

om

Lol! Touché!

Hey!

I think it would have happened anyway! It was difficult in some way trying fade! I felt fake!

Now I will just walk around living my life with a smile. I hung out with some folks who have left last night! Got a lot of encouragement. I am not alone!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

No, you are not alone. That is a false fear that the WT wants you to believe. It's part of their overall phobia indoctrination method of control.

Good to know you discovered yet another of their lies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit