Governing Body Meddling In Private Bedroom Affairs

by Bangalore 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• 00DAD
    00DAD

QUENDI: I suppose in the end one lesson to be drawn from his experience is the need for constant vigilance on the part of all of us. It can be easy to condone wrongdoing, to ignore the warnings of our consciences, and to justify actions we know are harmful. Being steeped in a culture which operates that way can dull our moral sight and pardon our participation. That is something I want to keep in mind because I also was part of this cult and promoted its thinking on every issue it addressed. This experience is another reminder to be on my guard from now on.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

• tornapart
    tornapart

I think the biggest problem with this is that many believe that the GB have the 'right' to dictate what goes on between a man and his wife. They accept it as if it comes from God! I think there are many more JWs that don't go along with this and think it goes beyond scripture. I know some have 'confessed' to their 'sins' but how many more consider it to be an invasion into their privacy? The same goes for masturbation. It's a total invasion.If every JW confessed to these private 'sins', everyone would be disfellowshipped! (Or almost everyone). Those die hards that believe the GB are God himself and are totally sucked in by the whole thing are the ones that suffer the consequences. I'm sure the majority go carrying on quietly doing their own thing in private and keeping it that way!

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

Freaks.

Perverts.

Scum.

I would love for ANY JW to attempt to get involved in my life...... they would never forget it.

• designs
    designs

Very Catholic like of the GB. There are also other Fundamentalist religions who dictate to married couples.

John Lennon- Imagine no religion too......

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Since they're not getting any they don't want you to either!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Is Ray's book in the public domain now?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Some elders obviously get a h--d o- when hearing details of this nature. Perverts. It is why I will never serve again. It is totally sick

• sd-7
    sd-7

If it is to be a Governing Body, then what else are they to do but govern what we do with our bodies? Our bodies have been dedicated to Jehovah and we serve loyally in his organization. Is it not reasonable, then, to allow those appointed to take the lead in the earthly part of his organization to tell us what we should do with our bodies, just as they provide timely direction for what we put in our minds? Andrea, a young Christian wife, wrote: "I recognized my husband's unnatural desire for oral copulation as a result of his past life in the world. I warned him of how Jehovah feels about such unnatural behavior, and thankfully, his conscience moved him to seek counsel from the elders." Loving elders helped readjust her husband's thinking. Such loving counsel can help us, too, if we find ourselves tempted to imitate the unclean conduct of this world in our marital relations.

--sd-7

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

God I'm glad I wasn't around back then. Married people couldn't go down on each other, people in Malawi getting killed while people in Mexico could get away with a bribe. Need a liver? Too bad, go die instead. OH, and don't forget, Armageddon is mere months away!

And they say things are much worse today... I don't see it. The Borg is still terrible, but back then I don't know how they ever got new converts.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

id be happy to have them join. can any of them operate a camera?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit