where is that quote in the WT on even thinking against the WT constitutes apostasy?

by WildeLover 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• maccauk11
    maccauk11

The bible tells us to make sure of all things .Meaning to consider everything under the sun to make sure what we beleive is true.This cant be doen in a few bbile studies but takes a lifetime of research and study.You should come to the conclusion that Jesus is the truth there is nothing else under the sun.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

I had an elder say to me very recently that if you are looking for a definitive stance or principle on a matter the there are two places to go. One is the bible. The other is anything written by the society. Either of these you accept without question he added.

I can't believe that any elder really has never come across a situation where the two are at odds, or at the very least don't quite join up.

• Quendi
    Quendi

What is plain from these ex cathedra pronouncements by the WTS is that its publications are no longer of equal weight with the Bible, but now have gained primacy over it. It’s not enough to believe in the Bible anymore. One must believe in the WTS interpretation of the Bible as printed in its publications regardless of how wrong that interpretation proves to be.

My judicial committee flat out told me that the only way I would ever be reinstated was if I unreservedly believed that the WTS was the sole channel of communication God was using. Failure or refusal to acknowledge this would be grounds for denying my reinstatement request. My previous “sin” and efforts to conform to WTS standards meant nothing. Only my blind allegiance mattered. I walked away at that point and have never set foot in a kingdom hall again.

Quendi

• never a jw
    never a jw
    Jesus gets the "credit" for introducing 'thought crimes' into the lexicon of Xianity, making it clear that simply looking at a woman with lust in one's mind constitutes a sin. Thinking of sinning BECOMES the same as actually sinning.
    So let's not white-wash the ultimate source of the JW concept, but give "credit" (or blame) where it's due: the idea of thought crime IS part-and-parcel of Jesus' teachings (unless you choose to ignore passages of Jesus' words, as if the NT is an Ala Carte deal with you free to pick-and-choose the bits you like, ignoring the rest).

Well said King Solomon. The WTS has been extremely creative in interpreting Bible verses to create doctrines and resurrect old prophecies, but there are places in the Bible where the abundant "creativity" of the WTS is not needed to manipulate and control others.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Well Jesus did introduce the concept of thought crimes. Why is it wrong to point that out? Anyway, WTBTS follows Jesus and punishes for thought crimes. Of course, they only punish for one thought crime---apostasy. They don't punish for any other thought crime---like if you keep on looking at a woman so as to lust after her? You don't get DF'd. That's not nearly as important as disagreeing with the WTBTS in your mind.

• irondork
    irondork

tornapart: The 'Thought Police'!!

It's not enough to obey Big Brother... you must LOVE Big Brother. Time for room 101.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit