JEHOVAH

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• perfect1
    perfect1

oh, you mean that angry jealous guy on the mountain, hes so insecure!

• Sparlock
    Sparlock

It makes me sad

• minimus
    minimus

Sparlock

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

So they couldnt decide..... YHWH (to be) or Adonai (lord) as the scrolls from the desert used both...

Soooooo some bright spark decided we should add the consonants of Adonai to YHWH... and the bullshit name JEHOVAH was formed.

Since i learned this little nugget of interest, that non-name, non-word means zilcho... nadda.... frak all..... to me and to reality.

Ps the letter J is one of the newewst letters of the alphabet in the whole flipping world... if you know one thig for sure, that is not his name.

Snare x

Ps. also.... "his" adonai-ship does not bloody exist.

• still thinking
  • Quendi
    Quendi

I still use Jehovah because while it is doubtless not the right pronunciation, it does make the point for me that God is a real person and does have a name. I will sometimes use Yahweh, but for the same reason that I use Jehovah. For me, YHWH in the Bible signifies a personal name for God and its correct pronunciation isn’t a vital issue.

The name does arouse emotions in me, but they are all positive ones. Yes, my experience in the JW cult was not a happy one, but I don’t blame Jehovah-Yahweh for that. I use the name in everyday conversation and in my personal correspondence. I also will use the titles God and Lord as well because for me they remind me of the position held by and the respect I believe I owe to the Supreme Being.

Quendi

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

It makes me think of Jojoba.

• carla
    carla

All that word makes me think of is a Catholic monk in the late 1700's sitting in his robe making crap up.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Sometimes when I'm trying to possess someone in their sleep, I hear that name and I go back to the depths of which I came from.

• perfect1
    perfect1

LOL bats.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit