JEHOVAH

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Does that name produce in you any feelings?

When you see that word, "Jehovah", does it make you think of God?

Do you ever use that name- Jehovah- in your life at this point?

• darthfader
  • J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

i sometimes use it as a nick name. after all i too can be an asshole at times.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

it irritates me, especially when its used like 5 times in a sentance. double that when it is said with a pious, smug, drawnout, high wisper voice. jeeehOvaahhh

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

I didn't like it when my family joined the cult back in 1972 and somewhere in a public talk it was pointed out that Satan doesn't like that name either, and neither would his followers. I worked hard on liking it after that.

Now, I don't want that name rolling off my tongue. To me "Jehovah" is a vengeful God who petulantly kills off people who piss him off and then claims he's a god of love.

http://scottleblog.wordpress.com

The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses

• Room 215
    Room 215

In my view, the "Jehovah this" and "Jehovah that" overuse has the opposite of its intended effect: it cheapens and trivializes it.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I just immediately register that the one being referred to is a fictional character, much the same as if Harry Potter comes up in conversation.

If I wish to refer to the god of the Bible I usually say Yahweh, it makes it plain to most listeners that you are talking of the god of a bunch of sometime nomadic goat-herders, and they again register that you are taliking about a fictional character.

• clarity
    clarity

Funny ... what is that emotion that comes up when using the word ??

hmmm......

>

Most people don't make such an issue, they just say god ... and leave it at that!

>

I think it is a bit like, perpetually being from the (so called) wrong side of the tracks!

>

You know that many persons are not going think positive thoughts

about that name, - "have to let babies die, won't work to help communities

or world problems ...just waiting for the new world, give-up their families,

no xmas ... changing beliefs, kids embarrassed/persecuted at school....etc!"

Well, ... if only their prophecies came true ...that would help the credibility!

You know 1914,1925, 1975 etc....... the name, jehovah, was connected to them!

>

I guess that's it! Partially anyway .... if I can actually mouth the word out,

....it makes me feel ... poor & looked down on, not living up to my greatest potential

....like I am living on the wrong side!

clarity

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

ive said it so many times in my life it's meaningless now.

Allah is the god of the muslims. Jehovah is the god of the Jews. Neither means anymore to me than the other

• minimus
    minimus

I still believe in God and I still call him by that erroneous name.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit