Do you think theres such a thing as a "normal person"

by londonlady 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Nambo
    Nambo

Maybe we all start off as "normal", but things maybe out of our control can push us down a differant path before you even realise it, and by then it can be too late.

When I think of all the kids I knew in Primary school, they were all "normal", probably like most kids in most primary schools, you couldnt have ever imagined that the sweet little girl with the freckles and the plaits, playing Hopskotch and laughing innocently, would one day by a crack whore.

Or your friend Johhny, that you went catching Stiklebacks with would grow up to be a rapist.

Maybe the longer we are alive, the more cranky we get, the further we drift off the "straight and narrow".

Maybe a reason God limited our life spans so severely, so we dont stick around long enough to get really weird.

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

Not really. Unless we are using ourself as the example of normal then anyone not like us is abnormal. Leslie

• Twitch
    Twitch

What is normal depends on who you ask. And what you care about.

• d
    d

In this world we are all a little crazy and that is what makes us human we all can not be like robots.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

what is "Normal" depends on the situation and the environment. In the JW community "normal" is going to meetings five times a week and holding a certain set of beliefs. In western culture "normal" is going to work and living by a certain community standards. In remote, primitive cultures they would define normal quite differently.

So there isn't really a definition of a "normal person". It is relative and depends on the context. You also adjust your "normal" based on the group with whom you want to be accepted.

That's one of the nice things about being free from JWs. We can live by our own definition of normal. And we can accept a wide range of variance within that definition.

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Yes, there is.

I'm normal.

I'm just not sure about the rest of you here!

• IMHO
    IMHO

To be "normal" means to be part of the majority within whatever cateogry you are looking at, whether that be generally or more specifically.

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

WHO WANTS NORMAL when you can SUPERLATIVE NORMAL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit