Do you think theres such a thing as a "normal person"

by londonlady 17 Replies latest jw friends

• londonlady
    londonlady

i was trying to think of all the many many people i've ever met and conculded that none of them could be termed "normal"

some of them might have seemed normal to start with but on further inspection most definatly not!

in answer to the obvious question no i do not think i'm normal neither, i don't think i would want to be either

what do you think???

• Kaiser
    Kaiser

Define what is normal?

• blondie
    blondie

How do you define "normal"?

• Giordano
    Giordano

1. conforming to the standardor the common type; usual; not abnormal; regular; natural. 2. serving to establish a standard. 3. Psychology . a. approximately average in any psychological trait, as intelligence, personality, or emotional adjustment. b. free from any mental disorder; sane. 4. Biology, Medicine/Medical . a. free from any infection or other form of disease or malformation, or from experimental therapy or manipulation. b. of natural occurrence.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Sorry it all ran together that's an example of not normal!

The WTBTS values their norm above all else. A big part of their manpower is dedicated to making sure the rank and file comform to their description of normal. Which in general discourages what other organizations would consider normal like critical thinking, problem solving, research, opinions, reading, speculation.

It's why it becomes so easy for JW's to recognize one another and so easy to spot a non witness.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Dont want to get all scientific... but no there is not. There is no blueprint for a human, no perfect DNA or "normal DNA" ..... so in that regard we are all unique and thats the best way for it gives us genetic diversity.

• scotoma
    scotoma

Humans are normally maladjusted, crazy, neurotic, psychotic, criminal, predatory just like their pet dogs.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Yes there is. But we're not normal.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

we are all normal. signs of normalcy are. mistakes, LOTS of mistakes. you show me one person who hasnt said or done something really dumb and ill show you an abnormal person. and jesus doesnt count.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Good to see you back LondonLady , I hope all is well ?

I think it was Carl Gustav Jung who said "Show me the man who is normal, and I will cure him". Says it all doesn't it ?

We all have our baggage, our blind spots, our fears and phobias etc etc, but we are all, well almost 100% of us, all LOVABLE !

I don't worry anymore about the things wrong with me, and there are plenty, what I do is concentrate on being a good friend to those I know, and kind to strangers, I try to make the day a good one for all I come in contact with.

I do not think this is "normal" behaviour, but it sure is a good way to live.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit