My review of the new JW.org website, and why Watchtower videos are landing them in a sticky situation!

by cedars 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Poztate
    Poztate

Great review Cedars Everyone should click on it

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/the-new-jw-org-watchtowers-attempt-to-tame-the-internet

• cedars
    cedars

Poztate - I'm glad you liked it!

Aware! - well spotted, I've fixed it! And I didn't realize you are still at school! It's great that you are proactively warning your friends against JW beliefs. Well done.

Listener - thanks for that comment. When I read that paragraph, it seemed blatantly obvious that Jehovah's Witnesses past/present/future are the ones who will be saved, as well as any who were alive on Earth in centuries past before there were Jehovah's Witnesses. Pretty much everyone else is at Jehovah's mercy (i.e. doomed).

Finkelstein - I'm not sure how things were done 20 years ago, but nowadays repentance IS [supposed to be] a factor in determining whether or not someone is disfellowshipped.

00DAD - That's a great quote, I may save it for a future article! I don't like firing all my weapons at once!

Cedars

• sizemik
    sizemik

Good stuff Cedars . . . you write a good blog.

I believe the Society is hopelessly naive in its internet strategy, and has misjudged how avidly video material is swallowed up and used by the online community.

Maybe it feeds the persecution complex . . . the online world is in Satans control after all. I hope their strategy doesn't change . . . it's great publicity for their kookiness, and a right royal laugh at the same time.

• steve2
    steve2

Cedars, a well written blog that nicely summarizes what is so unfortunate about the new official website. As you powerfully state, for a religion that makes so many claims about being the sole channel of God's truth in the world, the Watchtower website is strikingly dishonest in either explicit statements it makes or by only partially reporting other matters, creating a very unbalanced picture.

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks again for the kind comments.

I'm giving this a shameless bump for those who haven't read the article yet and would be interested in doing so.

If you've already read the article, you might be interested in the reaction from some who are aghast that I could criticize the Society over the issue of masturbation!

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit