Message from a JW. Does this sound Christian?

by TimothyT 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That message sounds much more like the Pharisees than anything else. "Immoral lifestyle"? According to who, Paul? (Remember, Paul was not only a Jew but a very prominent Pharisee before starting to preach Christi-SCAM-ity). And, one thing is certain. There is nothing inherently immoral with someone that chooses homosexuality, even if one could choose it, any more than it is immoral for me to choose high color temperature LED lights instead of the standard 2700 K bulbs. I see nothing wrong with abiding by what you, as a free human being, choose to do.

What I do see as immoral is the hang-ups that these religions impose on people. Judaism does it. Islam does it. And thanks to sexual-repression-and-asceticism-is-virtue Paul, Christi-SCAM-ity does it. All three impose strict rules with sex. All three make people repress normal bisexual expressions. Human nature is bisexual, and usually heterosexuality dominates. But, when they make so many rules with sex, children are taught that heterosexual contact is "naughty" (ever notice the big fuss with sneaking into the opposite sex bathroom). They are later taught that homosexuality is such a horrible sin, that it will result in divine punishment. As such, people's dominant sexual orientation is occluded and no one ever gets to properly express it.

Additionally, these religions pose so many barriers against sex. Because of such religions, we do not have perfect birth control. Because of such religions, VD hasn't been eradicated. Because of such religions, people carry sex hang-ups into marriage and do not fully enjoy them. Because of such religions, they marry someone they are marginally attracted to "because it's a sin to enjoy it too much" and then are trapped. I view it as extremely immoral that religion imposes this kind of rubbish on sexuality.

And, speaking of immorality, since when does the Talmud, LIE-ble, Quran, or Book of Mormons utter a peep against torturing non-believers, slavery, and even genocide? You don't even need access to Talmud, Quran, or Book of Mormons--the ubiquitous LIE-ble is full of genocide from Joshua through the end of the Old Testament. It picks up the ball with the King of Sexual Hang-ups Paul, with hell threats for those who do not comply. Revelation, right at the end of the so-called New Testament (Christian) part of the LIE-ble, glorifies genocide for all those who do not comply with this foul religion. All three major right-hand path religions, and any once-pagan religion they have touched, share these problems.

If this message could be classified as Pauline Christian (as if homosexuality is immoral but torturing and enslaving non-believers wasn't), I am surprised that more people don't simply blow off the whole of religion entirely or turn to its adversary and mankind's Friend Satan. At least Satan doesn't care what you do in the bedroom but is against torturing and enslaving non-believers or threatening believers with damnation to get more out of them.

• HelpMeBelieve
    HelpMeBelieve

Timmy, it was "Mr. Flipper" who explained to me the concept of "projecting" on my post. Your former conditional friend assume's you are living "an immorral life", is this from his own dirty mind? he's under the impression college is "Animal House" "Greek" or "american pie", it's not that way.

he feels empowered by tearing up your hope and dream of earning a livable wage. His email was not Christian or "heaping coals upon your head", filled with self-righteousness, ready to preach his message of condemnation turns people away from the love of Jesus Christ.

Do people who practice bad things realize they are pushing victims to seek answers and connect with friends here? Sorry your friend did not reply in a kind and loving manner, instead of rejoicing with you it is obvious he's jealous or scared.

I think there are more good JWs than the growing number of bitter, double-speaking trolls tearing people down. Field Service is challenging enough, why can't your friend use honey, kindness and love, it's more attactive and pave's the way for better respones at the door. Please accept my apology for their behaviour, I am guilty of thinking like him and want to change for the better.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

KING SOLOMON: I know you're venting here, but to play Devil's Advocate: you can understand where he's coming from, i.e. that is the stance of the JW's on homsexuality, and he's reacting in a manner consistent with that.

I don't think you could expect anything else from a "practicing" JW. Their typical comment would be that while we still love YOU as a person, but we hate the ungodly LIFESTYLE you have chosen to live. To openly reject that dogma, would even put HIM at risk for being DFd. He really has no choice in the matter unless he is ready and willing to leave behind the religion. As you know, that is a huge step for anyone and is just not going to happen overnight, regardless of his friendship with you.

Peace to you.

Doc

• Giordano
    Giordano

Eventually we just stayed clear of any of our old witless companions, friends and some family. After a while it didn't hurt any longer. We made new friends and 'created' a new life and career and it's been great. Looking back there's nary a one I miss.

• nugget
    nugget

Your friend cannot process the idea that you are in a happy relationship and that your life outside the JWs can be fufilling and worthwhile. As a JW he has to work on the assumption that your life is immoral, miserable and worthless and that you can only be truly happy by returning to the organisation. He is the victim of his own assumptions you are free of them and can be a truly expressive and compassionate person.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

Timothy, the thing to remember here is that you are not dealing with an individual but with an organization.

If it was him alone he may have had a different reaction, it’s difficult to know as he is not a free individual.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit