What are your core values? Are you willing to die for them?

by MC RubberMallet 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

If you believe or don't, what do you value most? And are you willing to die for those values?

• eyesropen323
    eyesropen323

i would die for my children...and once they are old enough to not need me i would die for the love of my life...nothing else.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

i have no values. id sell out to the highest bidder. i fact im having a sale on my conscience, its about to turn;)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

What values?

• MC RubberMallet
    MC RubberMallet

Thanks for that!

I ask because I view honesty as part of my core person. And integrity.

But if I was in a life and death situation, and being dishonest would guarantee life for me or someone around me, I would do it.

So then, am I going against my core person? My honesty? My integrity?

I think life is more precious than ideals, in a way. But I understand that's why some are killing and stealing because they feel that way.

So I like to get viewpoints on this. What are peoples' core values and if it's worth death to stick to them?

Am I making sense? lol

• designs
    designs

Plan for the next 400 years.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Love, Joy and Peace. Now, I'm 65 years old, I'm trying to develop the "me first" thing. But don't worry, with husband, and between us, with 7 grown children and 16 grandkids and one more on the way, I'm still coming up short.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Reverence for life.

Do no harm.

Those two values preclude the opportunity to die for them. I might risk my life to preserve those values, however.

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

It's interesting- I was thinking of Syria: If I lived there would I fight with the rebels, or cross the border? Take a stand for a better life, or come back when the chaos is over?

But really, everyone dies in the end, and we die with our values; so if we have lived our lives according to our values- in a sense we do die for our values- it's just a question of time. If the choice is to die on your feet; or live on your knees... I think sometimes if a person sells out, it becomes like a cancer that slowly destroys them.

In the words of Live's River Town song "Who's gonna save your soul? Now that you've given in"

I guess freedom is my core value.

Dunno if this makes sense or not...

• perfect1
    perfect1

Dont hurt others. But if it is helpful to hurt others, kill them.

Or rule ethics, until it is superceded by situational ethics.

Dying for a value just means you are dead.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit