Vancouver, BC. Canada (bound volumes from 1940-2000) approximately - to Give Away!!

by RAYZORBLADE 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Wow ! I wish I was living in the Vancouver area- these are gems to have. Especially the 1940's. Someone please snatch these up.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Thanks folks. Yes, those whom have messaged me privately: thank you again.

Mouthy: of course I love my ol' gran. Don't you worry. I hadn't heard any buckets tip over lately, so I know you're still goin' strong. xo

NCC-1701: I've pm'd you back.

Broken Promises: there are some takers and for sure it'll take some time.

wannexit: yes I'm sure you'd be quite thrilled to have some of these old gems.

I will check in periodically for private messages.

There'll be some coordination of e-mails/other info. Thank you for your interest folks.

Cedars: thanks for vouching for me...as many newbies here have NO clue who I am....well Mouthy can vouch for me too, but Cedars has received items from me, as he can attest: no problem at all.

Your privacy is paramount.

• NCC-1701
    NCC-1701

Thanks Rayzorblade.

Another PM sent your way.

NCC-1701

• VM44
    VM44

Bound volumes from 1940 to 2000?

That is 60 volumes!

Someone is going to have to buy a new bookcase or two!

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

I spoke with my friend and he said that someone came by to pick up ALL of the bound volumes.

Not sure who it is, but all I know is: they're gone!!

Thank you whomever you are. And if you wish to post a follow-up: that would be nice.

No need for a personal name, but your profile post would be cool.

• NCC-1701
    NCC-1701

Follow up. I'll try to keep it brief

I arrived at the location where the volumes were kept. I was met at the door by a real nice guy and he had the books in boxes stacked just inside the door. There was a stack of 4 boxes, which I thought was a little low for the amount of volumes that I thought were availabe. But, they were giving them away for free, so I didn't worry too much about it. I loaded them in the car and drove home.

I began to unload the 4 boxes. I opened up the last box and couldn't believe what I was seeing, In there were 6 bound volumes of Watchtowers from 1879 - 1919 with a 5 year gap between 1900 and 1905 I think.

I noticed that I had a phone message. It was from the person who Rayzorblade was in contact with. He apologized that I wasn't given all the volumes and offered to deliver them to me. I called him back and mentioned that there was a box of really old volumes included. He said that they were handed to me by mistake as he had wanted to keep them. I returned them and picked up the rest of the other volumes.

I actually had the original Watchtowers in my hand, in my house but had to return them. It was a bitter-sweet day.

But, I received all the bound Watchtowers and Awakes from 1954 - 1999 which is an incredible resource. Plus, they came with a number of indexes.

So, a big thank you to Rayzorblade and his friend.

NCC-1701

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Thank you for picking these up.

Everyone involved was quite happy to see them go to someone who will put them to good use.

They also commented that you were very kind and nice to deal with. I had no idea about the really old Watchtower issues; just the ones from 1940s and 1950s (info that was given to me initially).

It will be interesting to see what you discover while reading these old volumes.

Thank you for picking these up NCC-1701.

• daveysmithy30
    daveysmithy30

Hi everyone! Does anyone have volumes based in Netherlands or Belgium as there are one or two that I would like to have.

Many thanks!

D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit