Vancouver, BC. Canada (bound volumes from 1940-2000) approximately - to Give Away!!

by RAYZORBLADE 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

I am acting as an in-between for a good friend who is NOT part of this site. His family were a century involved in the WTBTS in the Lower BC Mainland; not to mention NW Washington state.

He is no longer a member of the JW's. We're great friends; I knew him 25 years ago, long before I discovered this site (love it Simon: yes, still all those years later).

Anyways, he wants to get rid of bound volumes from approximately from the years: 1940 - until - 2000.

He asked me to intervene. he does NOT want to mail these volumes. He'd appreciate that someone to come by and pick them all up. Otherwise they'll end up in a landfill.

If you live in the greater Vancouver area; perhaps Seattle, Washington. > contact me.

Inbox me.

• cedars
    cedars

If anyone would like these bound volumes but is reticent about getting involved for any reason, I can vouch for RAYZORBLADE's good intentions and reputation. He did a similar thing a while back where he offered a free copy of Crisis of Conscience, and he very kindly posted it to Europe all the way from Canada.

If I lived in Vancouver I would bite his hand off with this offer, because scans/copies of the original Watchtower articles can have a profound influence when it comes to convincing people. However, I'm too far away, so someone else gets to drive them home!

Cedars

• clarity
    clarity

Rayzorblade you have a pm

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Ray

Great to see you bro. Hope life is treating you well.

• clarity
    clarity

btt

• ziddina
    ziddina

This is the sort of 'treasure trove' that people who do intensive research into the Watchtower Society's doctrinal meanderings, would LOVE to have!!!

I sure hope that information finds a good home...

That's the sort of library that can turn around and bite the Watchtower in the arse!!

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Damn. Had a beautiful reply: blip-gone!

I'll redo this.

Cedars: thank you for vouching for me.

Clarity: thank you for your message.

Lady Lee: thank you for asking, I am doing fine.

ziddina: you are so correct; information found inside these bound volumes most certainly can bite the WTBTS's bum.

I had a great reply, but when I hit Submit: error message - thus I lost my post. Damn!

Anyways, I have received a couple of PMs. There's potentially upwards of 800 to 850 bound volumes. I do believe they're all together. There may be a volume or two missing, I am not sure, but there's definitely enough to give the most curious questioning JW or ex-JW, much incredible information that they might otherwise never have access to.

Suggestions about ebay and yard sales, simply were not of any interest to my friend. He wanted them to go to someone who will use them and use them constructively, or at least take care of them.

If you need any more information, contact me via my inbox. Do not post any personal information here (common sense would dictate). I will be checking in here for the next several days. Thank you.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

If your friend doesn't get any takers for the bound volumes now, please encourage him to hold on to them until someone turns up.

It might take up to several months until the right person turns up to take the books off his hands. I just hope he doesn't throw them out - it would be such a waste, particularly of the older volumes.

• mouthy
    mouthy

RAZORBLADE....I miss you soooooo Much. Dont ya love me anymore as ya Granny????

• NCC-1701
    NCC-1701

Razorblade - I have sent you a PM

Thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit