"Pilot Project" - Jehovah's Witnesses in Manhattan, with your new host... Robert Warren!

by cedars 32 Replies latest jw friends

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Fake reporter= fake reporting. I noticed the line about this NOT replacing the door to door work. But I bet it will after another year of child abuse settlements!! Maybe???

• ziddina
    ziddina

Creepy...

The first word that came to my mind at the beginning of his spiel was, "insidious"...

• metatron
    metatron

I work in a competitive industry and I can tell you that there is nothing more annoying than a corporate pretense of progress.

Some higher level jerk feels a need to justify his position and so comes up with some new program that wastes our time and ends up going nowhere. These fake efforts at progress usually come about because a company doesn't want to spend money or is avoiding making some needed change that would adversely affect the higher-ups. These efforts are particularly offensive when they treat skilled marketing people as if they were kids just out of high school, as if they know nothing.

And that's what this effort makes me think about. Likewise, the idiotic youtube type efforts to promote the Watchtower. 'Everyone else is doing it, so we have to do it, too'. Nevermind that attending meetings is painfully boring - or that becoming a Witness can wreck your family or friendships. Nor do these efforts answer the question, how does this attempt improve donations? You get more people interested (maybe) but how does it make money?

No money? No literature, no magazines. Maybe no upstate country club, either.

metatron

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I live in Manhattan, They would block bus exits with these carts, which was a bit annoying. Not sure what the purpose was other than self-aggrandizement.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Bad Acting & Flakey..

WBT$..

Video..

....................... ...OUTLAW

• steve2
    steve2

BTT

• darthfader
    darthfader

It's really odd to see such videos from WTBS. I keep waiting for the narrator to say that he's a Mormon...

• cult classic
    cult classic

poor poor Robert... he's been at Bethel a looonnnng time. Hopefully one day he stops marching to WT's drum.

Just like all of their other media, it is designed for the witnesses themselves. Thus the ever urgent reminder that this doesn't replace their door to door ministry.

Overall, very weird video. And pointless.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

LOL!!

I noticed they didn't do it in Brooklyn....and obviously no Brooklyn Big wigs would be caught "wasting" time out in street service.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

They need to tell the brother and sister that had one of those boards at the Columbus Circle Station to get a good nights rest, the sister was sitting on thebench trying to stay awake and the brother was just standing there making sure he didn't make any eye contact with anyone at one of the most busiest subway stations in the city.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit